We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel & rest. recomme: Airport vs Inner Harbor, 1 night only

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Poland, Maine
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel & rest. recomme: Airport vs Inner Harbor, 1 night only

We are flying back with our daughter who is graduating from Coast Guard boot camp and want to see the Inner Harbor and eat crab. Should we stay at a waterfront hotel, or closer to the airport and just visit the inner harbor during the day.

Also, we need help on where to eat at the Inner Harbor; a place that accommodate seafood and the landlubber.

Thank you very much!!

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,753 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel & rest. recomme: Airport vs Inner Harbor, 1 night only

Airport. You're just coming in for one day and parking in Little Italy is cheap -- $4 at Exeter and Bank Street garage.

I recommend Riptide by the Bay -- they have crabs and steak/ribs and outdoor seating and it's located in Fells Point, close to other cool stuff you'll want to see and do.

Poland, Maine
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel & rest. recomme: Airport vs Inner Harbor, 1 night only

Thank you, this makes my life much easier!

Annapolis
Destination Expert
for Annapolis
Level Contributor
680 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel & rest. recomme: Airport vs Inner Harbor, 1 night only

I can't disagree with the suggestions of Mirage52, but I think we should point out that Fell's Point is not the inner harbor. Us locals like Fells Point better, it oozes a certain character and sense of history which doesn't exist in the glitz and lights of the "inner harbor". To be fair, the inner harbor is beautiful and a lovely walk around the port is definitely worth the effort at any time of the day or night. If I were you, I would do as recommended above, visit the inner harbor during the day, and dine in Fells Point. The water taxi will take you back and forth and be an interesting excursion as well. Most day trippers would never venture beyond the inner harbor, but this will be a much "richer" experience. Hope you enjoy your visit!

Annapolis
Destination Expert
for Annapolis
Level Contributor
680 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel & rest. recomme: Airport vs Inner Harbor, 1 night only

I forgot to add, if you really want to stay in the inner harbor for dinner, I like McCormick & Schmick's . They have a great view, as well as better than average food. Still think you would like Fells Point, though.

5. Re: Hotel & rest. recomme: Airport vs Inner Harbor, 1 night only

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Baltimore