We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Baltimore Cab Company?

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
3 posts
153 reviews
Save Topic
Best Baltimore Cab Company?

I'm spending two days in Baltimore for a conference, and I am looking into taxi / cab options for getting from the conference to my hotel near the Inner Harbor. (I am not very familiar with Baltimore, and feeling a little uneasy about walking alone at night due to the crime rate I hear about.) Any tips on the best companies in the City?

Baltimore
Level Contributor
79 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Baltimore Cab Company?

Lyft is very good in Baltimore. I would avoid the Diamond cab company cars because they turn the meter off and will charge you a flat rate that is more expensive than what it would normally cost.

The other cabs have been fine in my experience. Where is your conference?

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,223 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Baltimore Cab Company?

As for crime. Crime in tourist areas while not nonexistent is very low. You would not be walking in any areas to worry about between convention center or hotel and your hotel. Baltimore streets are pretty vibrant almost every evening which is bad for crime. Of course, be careful and prudent and try not to walk alone but I would say that about ANY city that you are not familiar with.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
1,936 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Baltimore Cab Company?

Where will the hotel be?

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
3 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Baltimore Cab Company?

Thanks! The conference is just a few blocks from the Inner Harbor, so I'll feel pretty safe from what you're saying. Thanks for recommending Lyft, too - that will be a good resource if I end up needing the cab.

Best,

GipsieGirl

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
3 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Baltimore Cab Company?

Thanks for the reassurance neslaw1! Nice to hear that, since I'm not familiar with the area and it's always good to hear inside info from a local.

Best,

Rachel

6. Re: Best Baltimore Cab Company?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2015, 05:16