We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good downtown restaurant

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Great Barrington, MA
Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
good downtown restaurant

Looking for a good place to eat on a Saturday night. Doesn't have to be fancy, but can be. Doesn't have to be pricey, but can be. Must have very good food and be located downtown. Anyone know anything about Black Olive?

MD
Level Contributor
29 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good downtown restaurant

one of the best restaurants I have ever visited is "Charleston" in downtown B'more. http://www.charlestonrestaurant.com/

Not cheap, but worth every penny.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
652 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good downtown restaurant

Agree with above writer. Also Kalis Court in Fells Point- pricey, beautiful restaurant. Bicycle in Federal Hill- pricey, in an old historic rowhouse, beautiful food and finally Pazo- very cool, beautiful people and food- lots of small plate [ large also } price to match.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
418 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good downtown restaurant

I like Pazo as well, I belive it's owned by the same people that own Charleston. I also love McCormick and Schmick for seafood.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,465 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good downtown restaurant

Also check out Roy's next to the Marriott Waterfront. It is worth every penny as well if you like seafood with Asian and Hawaiian influences.

Maryland
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: good downtown restaurant

I would suggest The Cheesecake Factory. It's at the Inner harbor by the water (Pratt St. side). They're not too pricey and the food is always good. I don't think there is anything over $30 on the food menu and they have large portions. We always have something to bring home. I would suggest the Chicken and biscuits ($16) and the salads are huge!

Don't forget the cheesecake :)

Here's a tip. It's very rare that we do not have a wait. sometime 45 minutes. So get there a little early. It's worth the wait :)

maryland
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: good downtown restaurant

a couple other possibilities are the brass elephant, the brewer's art, or the helmand (gourmet afghani food)

i admit that the "elephant" is the only one i've personally eaten in (amazingly beautiful place!) but i've heard only good things about the other two from people i trust.

all are on charles street in the Mt. Vernon area.

7. Re: good downtown restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 15:20