We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying out of BWI - need help finding safe, clean lodging

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,003 posts
222 reviews
Save Topic
Flying out of BWI - need help finding safe, clean lodging

Hi, I want to thank all of you who have posted hotel reviews. I am finding it difficult to locate lodging for the night before I fly out of BWI. Many of the hotels have very negative reviews not only in the BWI area but also Annapolis and since I will be traveling alone I am somewhat nervous about booking with them. I will have a rental car. Can someone give me some good ideas?

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying out of BWI - need help finding safe, clean lodging

You don't mention your budget but have you checked the BWI Airport Marriott? It seems to get good reviews here.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60811-d89379-R…

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,003 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying out of BWI - need help finding safe, clean lodging

Thanks for the tip. Actually, I had checked out the Marriott and it has gotten very good reviews but at $269 a night is probably too pricey for my budget. I'm thinking I might be better off to stay away from Balitmore & just get up extra early to make my flight. Perhaps even staying in Pennsylvania, like York or Gettysburg.

maryland
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying out of BWI - need help finding safe, clean lodging

any time we have an early flight, we stay at the BWI Comfort Inn

seems safe to me, and clean.

what the heck, just for a place to sleep? and the attached restaurant, "the rose", can be quite entertaining.

gettysburg or york would take you FOREVER to get to BWI

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying out of BWI - need help finding safe, clean lodging

Presuming you don't want to give the Comfort Inn a try have you searched your date through the varoius booking sites? You might get well below that $269.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,632 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying out of BWI - need help finding safe, clean lodging

"Many of the hotels have very negative reviews..."

I'm kind of surprised by this. On the BWI website they list 31 hotels ni the immediate area. (bwiairport.com). And you can't find any of these that don't have negative reviews? What kind of issues are you seeing, exactly?

If you can't find anything around BWI there are numerous towns nearby closer than Annapolis. Try looking at hotels in Columbia, about 15-20 minutes from the airport.

I agree with the previous post, staying in Gettysburg or York would be quite a commute to BWI.

Hartford
Destination Expert
for Hartford
Level Contributor
887 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying out of BWI - need help finding safe, clean lodging

Hampton Inn at the airport was fine for $99

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,003 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flying out of BWI - need help finding safe, clean lodging

I'm sorry if I sounded negative about the hotel conditions but I am reading cockroaches in the beds, bathrooms flooding from upstairs bathrooms, noisy conditions due to thin walls, rude staff, dirty rooms, etc. This all from the TripAdvisor reviews and more. I would be pleasantly surpised to find none of those conditions & will post an accurate review when I get home.

maryland
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flying out of BWI - need help finding safe, clean lodging

well, i will admit the walls aren't the most soundproof at the comfort inn. but we've never had any of those other problems there.

it's not a luxury hotel, i wouldn't stay there for a vacation...but for one night, it's always been fine for us.

and true, the food at "the rose" isn't gourmet...but the bar in particular sometimes has the MOST amazing "people-watching" you'll ever see! the night before an early flight, i LOVE having dinner there, just to see the "sights" LOL

Maryland
Level Contributor
3,001 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flying out of BWI - need help finding safe, clean lodging

There are two hotels across from Anne Arundel Mills mall that are nice and clean.

-Residence Inn

-Hampton Inn

These are close to the airport and they offer transportation shuttles to the airport.

Maryland
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flying out of BWI - need help finding safe, clean lodging

You should try to get a hotel in linthicum, MD. It is the BWI hotel district. The hotels there are clean and it is a good area. There is a Bob Evans and Ruby Tuesday's with in walking distance of them all. The airport and rental car drop off areas are all easy to locate from these hotels.