We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seafood in Thunderbolt area

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bluegrass of...
Level Contributor
62 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Seafood in Thunderbolt area

Would anyone have any thoughts on these restaurants we were planning to try? One is out toward Tybee, so I'd appreicate seafood suggestions out that way as well. Thanks again.

1) Desposito's Seafood; 2) Teeple's Seafood; 3) Williams Seafood

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seafood in Thunderbolt area

William's is gone, it burned down.

Despisito's is wierd, kind of run down and back-woodsy (and hard to find) but the food was pretty good the last time I went which was a few years ago.

I don't know Teeple's.

Some people love the Crab Shack, I don't like it but it may be worth poking your head in.

The best food on Tybee is George's, its a little pricey and fancier than most places at the beach (meaning shorts, nice sandals and a button up shirt) but the food is outstanding.

Fannie's has one step up from bar food but has a nice view and is a fun place.

Bluegrass of...
Level Contributor
62 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seafood in Thunderbolt area

Is the Crab Shack a locally own establishement, or a chain?

Savannah
Level Contributor
636 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seafood in Thunderbolt area

I like Desposito's. Nothing on the menu is fried, it's all fresh, and the price is right.

Check it out if you get a chance. Brian is right, it has a weird vibe, but the food is good.

4. Re: Seafood in Thunderbolt area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 17:19