We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Savannah in January for kids

Lisbon, WI
Level Contributor
80 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Savannah in January for kids

We are coming into the Savannah-Hilton head area in January. What is fun to do for two girls age 9 and 6? They are not girl scouts so I know that would not be fun. Any tips would be great!

Savannah
Level Contributor
636 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Savannah in January for kids

I was going to suggest a Dolphin cruise, but you said it's in January, so the weather makes that look doubtful. Most kids enjoy ghost tours... and during the daytime there is a Savannah National Wildlife Refuge.

If they're tomboyish, they might enjoy Fort Pulaski, which even if they're not into the history aspect is an interesting place to see.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Savannah in January for kids

Unfortunately, Savannah is more of an adult destination. The new Jepson Museum for the Arts has a hands on Children's Section. They may enjoy that.

It's difficult to say what the weather will be. If it's good, they may enjoy just strolling along River Street, checking out the Savannah Candy Shop, and seeing the shops.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Savannah in January for kids

Dress them up one day with gloves and hats and party dresses and take them to The Tea Room!

http://www.savannahtearoom.com/

Gryphon Tea Room is also nice, but I think The Tea Room would appeal more to younger girls.

4. Re: Savannah in January for kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 12:20
Get answers to your questions about Savannah