We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoking?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
203 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Smoking?

Please do not preach. I just want information. What are the laws regarding smoking in Savannah?

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smoking?

Cigarettes, or.........

well, this is an art college town.

Anyways, I tried googling to find your answer and results dated from the 1990's. I know laws have been passed in the past few years that are in place now, but I don't know exactly how they are stated.

I do know that all the restaurants (and maybe the bars) now ban smoking. Smoking is allowed in outside public areas. Hotels still offer smoking designated rooms.

Possibly the bars still allow - there is a clause in the state of Georgia regarding children in the establishment because a restaurant in the middle of our state bans chilren all together, allowing patrons to dine and smoke.

Please come to visit, if you have to, step outside to enjoy! You will find its a pretty city.

Savannah
Level Contributor
636 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smoking?

Many bars/restaurants are nonsmoking until 9. I did find this:

May 2005: The State of Georgia banned smoking in public places with exemptions for restaurants and bars that do not serve minors, designated hotel rooms and workplaces with separately ventilated rooms for smokers.

dallas, texas
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Smoking?

Gosh wish I knew, I hope I can smoke some where..I know the Hyatt, is a non-smoking hotel, unless you up grade to a baloney suite..I hate that....I understand non-smoking..but leave a floor to those who want too..Ritz, Marriott...I've stopped booking rooms...give us a choice..we are in PRIVACY OF OUR SPACE...I hope an hotel excetvive will read this.

Thank you..thank you very much :-)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
203 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Smoking?

Thanks so much. Does anyone know which hotels "do" provide smoking rooms? A few that I checked already are completely non-smoking. I can deal with the non-smoking in restaurants and bars, we have that here in NJ, but will not stay in a hotel room I cannot smoke in. Thanks.

dallas, texas
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Smoking?

Yes, the Hyatt does..if you are willing to pay for a balcony river room ...call the hotel direct, tell them you want to smoke , on the balcony, yes this is a repeat...

I suggest calling late night, the front desk is very helpful...if you want to smoke " outside' in your room...cha ching!

Good Luck...

6. Re: Smoking?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 21:20
Get answers to your questions about Savannah
Recent Conversations