We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uncle Bubba's or Pearl's Saltwater Grill ?

Level Contributor
435 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Uncle Bubba's or Pearl's Saltwater Grill ?

What would be the better recommendation between Bubba's or Pearl's. What would be the better value and better food. I know this all deals with personal tastes, but we will only be in town a short time and want to make the most of it. Thank You very much.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,681 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Uncle Bubba's or Pearl's Saltwater Grill ?

I haven't tried Bubba's yet, but Pearl's has excellent seafood!

Savannah
Level Contributor
636 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Uncle Bubba's or Pearl's Saltwater Grill ?

Pearl's, definitely.

You won't be disappointed.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Uncle Bubba's or Pearl's Saltwater Grill ?

I prefer Uncle Bubba's personally. We have eaten at Pearls only once though, so please bear that in mind. We've been to Uncle Bubba's four or five times and have never had anything but a wonderful experience. Great food, great service, pretty decent atmosphere. The atmosphere at Pearls is definately better, but (based on my single visit) the food wasn't as good... especially not considering the money that we spent.

You will very likely enjoy either one.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Uncle Bubba's or Pearl's Saltwater Grill ?

based solely on value, Uncle Bubba's is the better choice.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Uncle Bubba's or Pearl's Saltwater Grill ?

I have to differ - I have eaten at Pearl's at least 20 times, and Bubba's twice.

Both times at Bubba's, portions were so small that I left hungry. The food, however was good.

Almost 100% of the time, I walk out of Pearl's with a take-out box of leftoevers. The portions are large and the food is good.

Aside from value, Pearl's sits smack on a tidal creek with water, marsh, and water fowl of all types flying around. It is a beautiful view. The view at Bubba's is nice, but its 100% marsh as there is a wide expanse of marsh before you hit the creek (which can't be seen from the restaurant).

Here's the deal....if you are a fan of Paula Deen's, you will always second guess yourself if you don't go to Bubba's. If you have no idea who she is, Pearl's is the place to go.

Savannah
Level Contributor
52 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Uncle Bubba's or Pearl's Saltwater Grill ?

locals go to Pearl's

tourists go to Bubba's

Florida
Level Contributor
28 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Uncle Bubba's or Pearl's Saltwater Grill ?

Bubba was here in Sarasota today for the Reading Festival with his new cookbook. He cooked shrimp & grits and we all had a plate - if the rest of the food at his place is even half as good, you can't go wrong.

And oh my, that man is funny, I was crying I laughed so hard. Now I know nothing about Pearl's and will be going to Savannah for the very first time Thanksgiving week, but I definately will be stopping at Bubba's!

atlanta
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Uncle Bubba's or Pearl's Saltwater Grill ?

Go To Pearls. The hush puppies are DELICIOUS- They come with honey butter (at least the last time I went) and are amazing. Also, you really do not get a better idea of the "real" Savannah then sitting on the Herb River enjoying fresh seafood. I grew up in Savannah all my life and have always lived within at least a 5 minute drive of Pearls. It is worth every penny. Bubbas is just another of Paula Deen's tourist factories.

georgia
Level Contributor
66 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Uncle Bubba's or Pearl's Saltwater Grill ?

I have been to Bubba's twice, not memorable. However I will throw this in - my favorite for fresh seafood is The Crab Shack not too much farther than Uncle Bubba's. It is rustic but the seafood is great, a platter is enough for 2 and I always get a bucket of steamed oysters. If it is chilly out they have heaters going full blast, I have never dined inside, the view is just great outside.

10. Re: Uncle Bubba's or Pearl's Saltwater Grill ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 09:26