We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Child friendly inn

florida
2 posts
Save Topic
Child friendly inn

Hello, we are planning a trip to Savannah over Thanksgiving. Instead of a hotel I would like to stay in a b&b or an inn. I have a 16 month old daughter and this seems to be problem with the inns. Any suggestions for a child friendly bed and breakfast?

thanks!

atlanta
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Child friendly inn

Hamilton Turner Inn. It is right on the square with the cathedral. It is super charming and very quaint. May book up rather quickly though!

Port Saint Lucie...
Level Contributor
64 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Child friendly inn

amethyst inn its very lovely and had about 4 kids when I stayed

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Child friendly inn

I hope you get some more replies on your post. I have a 19 month old and am very interested to know of some places in Savannah that would be good for a toddler. We're considering coming to visit next spring. We've been twice before (before baby) and stayed at the President's Quarters. It was a nice stay both times with delicious breakfasts each morning and really kind staff. I don't recall seeing any kids during our stays, but I also wasn't thinking of that type of thing at the times we went.

Just FYI on the Amethyst Inn--the reviews on here are not good for it. I looked a few minutes ago after reading this post and it seems like maybe the people running it are not quite on top of things (cleaniness, food, etc.). These are the types of things that really matter at a B&B. Good luck with your search.

Port Saint Lucie...
Level Contributor
64 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Child friendly inn

i have no idea why its getting bad reviews. its an amazing b&b. i stayed there in july and im going to stay again this week. i will update you on the amethyst inn. regarding kids there, its the best b&b ive ever been to for kids. im 26 and my fiance is 33 and we both enjoyed all the kids when we stayed there.....and the kids had a lovely time. i dont have kids but from the look of the two families the kids enjoyed the pool and good company....i feel bad that this b&b is getting bad reviews. im sorta thinking maybe its the same group of people all complaining? i dunno...again ill update you when i get back after the weekend.

Port Saint Lucie...
Level Contributor
64 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Child friendly inn

oh and ps..about it having bad reviews. i was on here a few wks ago to show my mom where we'd be staying and it was #2...thats why im thinking its the same group of people since its now number 6? seems quite odd.

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Child friendly inn

That is odd about the ratings for this place. It will be good to see your post after you go this weekend. Could you post back on this thread so that we'll know you've been and checked things out? Thanks!

Port Saint Lucie...
Level Contributor
64 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Child friendly inn

ok so I couldn't wait until I got home. The amethyst inn is still amazing. Its so very cozy. Ignore the most recent reviews. I type this as I lay in the comfy bed.

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Child friendly inn

Glad to hear you had a good stay and still found the Inn to be as you remembered. You should post a review here at Tripadvisor (if you haven't already; I guess I can check after I type this) so people will have a recent review. Do you still feel it's child friendly?

Port Saint Lucie...
Level Contributor
64 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Child friendly inn

yep I did hopefully it will be up soon. Yes I still think it is very child friendly. Especially in the geranium room there are kids books and VHS tapes.

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Child friendly inn

I just saw your review. There's another one under yours saying great things about the inn, but then the one under that complains about the dust and how "dirty" things were. I wonder if someone has an ax to grind with this particular B&B? Very strange...Thanks for posting again and for the comments about the children issue. Another question--are the rooms sound proofed fairly well? When I think about traveling with my toddler, I know he can be loud at times and don't want him bothering other guests. Thanks!

Get answers to your questions about Savannah