We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinners in Savannah with 2 year old?

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
54 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Dinners in Savannah with 2 year old?

Hello!

We will be in Savannah this coming Sunday and Monday and are looking for dining options. We own and operate a restaurant in St. Augustine, so we are a "little" picky :0)

We are staying on East Bay Street and will be walking, and are looking for a nice place each night, that will not frown upon us bringing our 2 year old son. We appreciate your suggestions!

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinners in Savannah with 2 year old?

I would suggest on River Street try

The Cotton Exchange

Tubby's Tank House

Spanky's

In City Market

Vinnie Van Go-Gos

On Broughton Street

Loco's

Leopold's Ice cream (sandwiches and salads, too!)

Other areas:

The Pirate's House

The Firefly Cafe

Clary's

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
54 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinners in Savannah with 2 year old?

Hi, Thanks for the suggestions! We are looking for some places that are more locally frequented, not touristy, that are fairly nice, that would tolerate a pleasant 2 year old. I have been doing some research and wondered your opinion about the basement of the Pink House? Or A Vida, Jazz'd, Vic's or Issacs? Is Bistro Savannah very upscale? I'm thinking it is.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinners in Savannah with 2 year old?

I can appreciate your taste, you are picking upscale places that cater more to elegant adult cuisine. I know that's what you are looking for, but you won't find many patrons there that are younger than teenagers.

Isaac's I haven't been to, so I can't comment on it, but the other places really aren't "family" restaurants. Truth is, the places I listed are not only frequented by tourists, but locals go to them all the time.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinners in Savannah with 2 year old?

Jazz'd is definitely a bar and I think A Vida is, also. They won't even let your son in the front door.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
65 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinners in Savannah with 2 year old?

Just came back from Savannah.

I would not take a 2 year old to the basement at the Pink House.

My vote would be to the Pirates House.

North Carolina
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinners in Savannah with 2 year old?

We are going with our 8 month old on Thursday. We have dinner reservations at the Olde Pink House (main dining area) at 5pm. I would not suggest the basement (even though it is wonderful) because the area allows smokers (at least as of last year).

We are planning a dinner in the Main Room at an early time. Our daughter is well behaved (as long as the food is coming) as well as either my husband or myself will remove her if she acts up. Would I take her at 7pm... um, no.

We ALWAYS go to the Olde Pink House (excellent food, fabulous wait staff, good wine list) and plan on adding our daughter to our many memories we have aquired at this restaurant!

I really hope you go and enjoy it! Afterwards, get a carriage to pick you up and take you on a tour. Your 2 year old will love it!

Courtney

Longwood, Florida
Level Contributor
120 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinners in Savannah with 2 year old?

We went to Uncle Bubba's a few nights ago. There were quite a few children from about two to six. Some of the kids behaved extremely poorly and the parents did nothing to correct the situation. A place where I have seen quite a number of children (and pets) is Clary's on Abercorn. First rate mainly for breakfast.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
32 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dinners in Savannah with 2 year old?

I agree with all of the above with the exception of the Pirates House. Your 2 year old would be welcomed however I have never been happy with the food. As a local and a mother of 3, I have tried it several times but mainly for the history (for the kids).

I take the kids to Vinni Van Go Go's every weekend. True - it is pizza but it is AWESOME pizza. The lines/waits can get long but there are many things to keep your 2 year old occupied in the city market square while you wait. Directly next door is a candy store where they pass out free samples, you can watch them making the candy and a train travels the upper interior of the store.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,611 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dinners in Savannah with 2 year old?

^Surely you not implying it's better than Chucky Cheese's?!?! Just kidding! I've never been, but it might be worth a try. Thanks!

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
32 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dinners in Savannah with 2 year old?

^ truth is, CC could have great pizza. I have been there no less than 25 times (being a mother of 3 and misc. birthday parties)and could not tell you what the pizza taste like. I am sure that I have eaten it on every visit. The ONLY thing that I can remember from my visits is all of the hundreds of kids that I would love to have a chance to discipline. I know this sounds mean and might be . You never realize just how good your kids behavior/manners are until you get in a mass group with other peoples kids. I wish those parents understood that life does not have to be that difficult and that they are doing no one (themselves, their kids or the general public) any favors by letting them act that way. Oh, and Disney World.....Don't even get me started!!