We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn Express

NY
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
214 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn Express

Hi, I'll be there for 2 nights , the last week in June. I booked the Holiday Inn Express, on E. Bay. Is this a new property, and can anyone tell me if this was a good choice, based on location. Thank you.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn Express

It is in a very desirable location and still has "new hotel smell". You can't do much better!

NY
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn Express

Thank you so much. I can't wait until June.

route 66
Level Contributor
728 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn Express

Ask if you can have a room away from Bay Street which is quite noisy from traffic. Big diesel trucks run up & down Bay all hours. I'm sure the windows are special to mask the noise but nothing's compared to the racket on Bay Street.

This is a new hotel, haven't been inside but the outside looks OK.

NY
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn Express

Thank you

Barnesville, Georgia
Level Contributor
819 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn Express

Right across St from Hampton where we stayed. Great location. Across Bay is a nice park.

I believe you will be parking in public garage just behind hotel. Don't believe they have underground garage.

I would try to put up with traffic sound and get a room facing Bay if you can get 3rd floor or higher. This gives you view of Savannah River and over to the Westin and its island. We liked checking out the big ships coming in from room. If you run the air conditioner (and you will in June) it should help with noise.

Louisville, Ky
Level Contributor
732 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Inn Express

ScottF, did you post a review of the Hampton that you are talkimng about? If so, did you by chance post it under the wrong Hampton hotel?

NY
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Inn Express

Thank you all again. I can't wait until our trip.

Barnesville, Georgia
Level Contributor
819 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Inn Express

I did post a review about Hampton, but could not find it just now. Where did you see it and can I move it?

Sorry about confusion, first time I ever did a review other than here on list.

Savannah
Level Contributor
636 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Inn Express

There are two Hamptons; one is the H. Inn and the other is H. Suites.

Inn is on Bay, Suites are on MLK.

I made a poem!

Mentioned in this post
Suites at Bay
Suites at Bay
20 Reviews
Savannah, GA
Louisville, Ky
Level Contributor
732 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday Inn Express

ScottF, your review is listed under the Hampton I=95 S-Gateway, which is listed here as the #1 hotel in Savannah. The Hampton that you stayed at is the Hampton-Historic District which is the #3 hotel here. I am not sure if there is any way of moving the review to the right hotel.