We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is there to do at Tybee Island area?

Effingham, Illinois
Level Contributor
134 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What is there to do at Tybee Island area?

I a staying the historic district for 4 days and I am overwhelmed by all there is to do. Should I take time to go to Tybee Island???

Pooler
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What is there to do at Tybee Island area?

I like tybee a lot. I know many that go out there for the afternoon and enjoy it on their trip. I guess it depends on what you want. More history stuff is in savannah. Tybee is a nice island town relaxed and laid back nice beach good seafood etc.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What is there to do at Tybee Island area?

It depends on whether or not you are a beach person. There is not much to "see" at Tybee except the Lighthouse. You get to climb it. I understand the view from the top is great.

On the way to Tybee is Fort Pulaski. This is well worth the time it takes to see it. Check out this link.

http://www.nps.gov/fopu/

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: What is there to do at Tybee Island area?

I forgot....it's only about a 20-30 minute drive and if you are not used to marshes, it's a nice drive just to look at the scenery. It would be worth that short drive just to say you went. After you get tired from walking around Savannah, drive down to relax and rest your feet.

Savannah
Level Contributor
636 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is there to do at Tybee Island area?

There are a couple of deep sea fishing outfits out there, canoe/kayak rentals, guided boat tours, good restaurants, and of course the beach.

It all depends on you. What do you like?

5. Re: What is there to do at Tybee Island area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 09:19
Get answers to your questions about Savannah