We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning our honeymoon...one more question :)

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kentucky
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Topic
Planning our honeymoon...one more question :)

I'm trying to get our Itinerary down for our honeymoon in May. We had originally planned to eat at the Pirate's House on the Sunday night that we arrive as something fun and casual so we wouldn't have to dress up after travelling. However, the reviews are so mixed, I think we should find something else. It's difficult because my fiance is allergic to some seafood. Any other suggestions for a somewhat casual atmosphere for our first night in town? Thinking Huey's or Tubby's?

We've planned the following for the remainder of our time:

Sunday: dinner??, icecream at Leopold's

Monday: lunch at Moon River, dinner at Jazz'd

Tuesday: Lunch at Issac's, dinner at Vinnie Van Go Go

Wednesday: Lunch at Sweet Leaf, dinner at the Pink House

Thursday: headed back home :(

Is there something really wonderful that we're missing? We're still considering Bistro Savannah but there's no menu online (that I can find). Due to his allergy, we need to be able to check restaurants before we go to make sure he's got plenty of choices given the prevalence of seafood in Savannah. Thanks again for all the help!!

Kentucky
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning our honeymoon...one more question :)

Also, we're staying at the Kehoe House and not renting a car so somewhere within walking/cab distance would be great.

route 66
Level Contributor
728 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning our honeymoon...one more question :)

Across the street from the Kehoe House is 17Hundred90.

Doesn't get any better. Leopold's is a short stroll away after dinner.

Savannah
Level Contributor
636 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning our honeymoon...one more question :)

Have the front desk at the Kehoe House arrange a Pedicab (pedal taxi) to pick you up and whisk you to your destination.

The Bistro Savannah is very good, and should have menu items that are seafood-free. Another option is the similar-sounding 45Bistro, which would be an easy walk from the Kehoe House.

But the 45Bistro is not open on Sundays, unfortunately. Perhaps you could swap days with another restaurant if it appeals to you.

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning our honeymoon...one more question :)

It's not fancy, but it is fun. Have a look at One Eyed Lizzie's on the east end of River St. They have 3 little decks overlooking the street and the river, a great place for a relaxed, slow first vacation evening.

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning our honeymoon...one more question :)

One more thing, Moon River's food is not special, skip it and go to Angel's BBQ you will be glad you did. Only problem is it may mess up your plan because you will want to eat there again before you go home.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Planning our honeymoon...one more question :)

Thanks so much!!!

Here is the revised schedule...I'm a big planner if you can't tell :)

Sunday: Dinner at Vinnie Van Go Go, ice cream at Leopold's

Monday: Lunch at 17Hundred90, dinner at 45 Bistro

Tuesday: Lunch at Issac's, dinner at Jazz'd

Wednesday: Lunch at Sweet Leaf (or Angel's), dinner at the Pink House

Would jeans, a nice top, and heels be ok for Jazz'd? I dress up every day for work and I really enjoy wearing jeans when I can :) How should we dress for 45 Bistro? How about for lunch at 17Hundred90? Are jeans/walking around clothes ok?

Thanks again!!!

Savannah
Level Contributor
636 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Planning our honeymoon...one more question :)

Lunch will be pretty casual for the 1790, but dinner at Jazz'd and 45 Bistro will be upscale a bit. There's no dress code at either but it will be at least dressy casual.

Savannah
Level Contributor
636 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Planning our honeymoon...one more question :)

"Would jeans, a nice top, and heels be ok for Jazz'd?"

Unless you're a man...

:-) Pardon me, I need to go watch some Eddie Izzard...

9. Re: Planning our honeymoon...one more question :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 17:20