We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

our trip

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
vermont
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Topic
our trip

6 of us went to savannah from may14-18 we stayed at inn at ellis square.hotel was great location and we didnt have any problems bathrooms are a bit small though.not real good at trip reports so will kinda just breakdown what we did.we ate at Lady and sons for lunch all had the buffet which comes with choice of dessert i had banana pudding cake very good and the others had peach cobbler which i tried and was very good.other restaurants we ate were pink house which was my,pirates house,clary's which to us had the oglethorpe lots of food and very good,crab shack not really for the food just to see it and get tshirts,vinnie van gogo's,hueys down on river street for beignets for breakfast very tastey.we did lots of walking very beautiful city and would go back.did two haunted tours the pub crawl and our guide was very good it,ghosts and gravestones which took us to Sorrel-weed house 3 of us are big ghosthunters fans.we also did a book tour for Midnight in the garden of good and evil tour guides name was rebecca and of course she took us to Bonaventure cemetary.toured lots of houses.also went to tybee island to the lighthouse where we all climbed the 178 steps to the top now have calves of steel:).as i said not big report writer so if you have any questions just ask will try and get pictures posted soon.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: our trip

Thanks for your input.....You did a lot in 4 days!

If you get an opportunity, you might want to leave individual reviews on the tripadvisor sites of places you patronized, like the Inn on Ellis Square, Vinnie Van Go-Go's, etc.

But this was a great write up. Come back and visit again!

Savannah
Level Contributor
636 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: our trip

Thanks for your insight. It actually helps us regular posters to get trip reports posted-- it helps us to know what to recommend.

Which pub tour did you do? The one that starts at the Sixpence or the one that begins at Moon River/Molly's?

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,788 posts
1,121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: our trip

great trip report, thanks for sharing it with us. sounds like yall had a fun time and hit the highlights head on! well said!

grady,al
Level Contributor
303 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: our trip

Enjoyed your report, sounds like you did a lot. We went in April, and the 178 steps up in the lighthouse was an experience for me. Great view though. Love to hear about Savannah trips. Thanks!

vermont
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: our trip

Tram3 we did the tour that started at moon river

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
147 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: our trip

Glad you enjoyed your trip to Savannah. You did a lot so you got a well-rounded experience. I climbed the lighthouse a couple of years ago with my honey and we both loved it. He actually ventured outside once we got to the top, but I couldn't bring myself to do it; it was a little too high for me LOL. Anywho, glad you had a great trip.

Salisbury, North...
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: our trip

I am glad that you had a better visit at Lady and Sons that I had ( 3 times in 1 week) cannot say that my visits where what you might say... memorable ( read my posts)

8. Re: our trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 00:17