We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

savannah Getaways Rental

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
30 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
savannah Getaways Rental

Can anyone tell me about a few of their rentals? I am looking at

#1004 Trompe L'oeil House,

#1010 "overlooking Washington Square",

#1016 " views of Chippewa Square",

#1095 "just off of Crawford Square" This one I am wondering about the neighborhood??

Thanks for your input!!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
29 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: savannah Getaways Rental

I don't know about the other locations, but I live just a few doors down from the Crawford square rental, and this is considered one of the safest areas in all of savannah. The green house in that row are upword of 800k homes, with more high dollar ones going in across the street. The other ones look good though too.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: savannah Getaways Rental

#1016 is more centrally located. 1010 and 1095 are on the eastern side of the historic district. That means a fairly good walk to get to places of interest on the western side.

I think 1004 might have more traffic noise than the others.

Look at the map on the Savannah Getaways site. you can locate the squares and get a fairly good idea of the location.

Florida
Level Contributor
924 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: savannah Getaways Rental

Hy husband and I stayed at this location a couple of years ago and it was an awesome little rental. I'd definitely stay again. It was about a 15 min walk to the riverfront and right around the corner from the Pub. Anywhere you stay in Savannah get ready to do alot of walking!!

route 66
Level Contributor
728 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: savannah Getaways Rental

Crawford Square is the southernmost on Houston St. (pronounced How-ston). Hardly any tour buses or trolleys come around and it's a pretty square. The older homes are well-kept and there's an old funeral home, a quiet business on the square. Caveat: Crawford's next to Hitch Village, less than one block to the east. Call me a partypooper but Hitch Village is one of the 2 highest-crime inner city housing projects, Yamacraw being the other. I don't care if a developer is building condos & listing them for $800,000 and up, the close proximity to Hitch is too risky unless you enjoy hearing sirens and automatic weapon fire at night. The other rental would be a safer bet, esp. at night.

OK< let's hear the salvos against this posting, but I stand by it.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
29 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: savannah Getaways Rental

Ok, not trying to be mean, but I live here on Crawford Square and have never heard automatic gunfire at night. Sorry. As for sirens, go anywhere in the district and you are going to hear them. Just stay wherever you are more comfortable.

6. Re: savannah Getaways Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 07:17