We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night tours

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Topic
Night tours

We will be visiting is July. We are interested in taking tours that would be appropriate for teenage children also...please give any suggestions for tours that are a MUST

Savannah Ghosts Paranormal Investigation Tour
Night Tours, Ghost & Vampire Tours, Walking Tours
Ghost Talk Ghost Walk
Ghost & Vampire Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Night Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Got Ghosts!
Night Tours, Walking Tours, Ghost & Vampire Tours
Haunted Savannah Tours
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Ghost & Vampire Tours, Walking Tours, Night Tours
route 66
Level Contributor
728 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night tours

All you get at night are ghost tours. They runs the gamut from walking, on open-air trolleys, to a refitted hearse. Pub crawls are popular but you must be 21 to drink alcohol in Georgia. Nearly every tour company offers a ghost tour of some sort. Your hotel concierge can recommend one or do online reading & see what strikes you.

Mentioned in this post
Georgia
Georgia
United States
Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
235 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night tours

I did the Sixth Sense tour a few weeks back. It was interesting and entertaining. You can find a LONG thread about the truthfulness of the tour on this forum. Truthful or not, it was interesting.

Savannah
Level Contributor
636 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night tours

There are private tours of all types offered at night, but the standard tours are just ghost tours in the evening.

Just wanted to float that out there.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Night tours

Thanks for all the info....I see that a local has responded to this forum....Would you please suggest the best things to do when we are there......So many times the locals are the ones that know the best things to do....Appreciate it...

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Night tours

Are your teenagers interested in history? That's about all the other tours are about. Would they be interested in the Savannah Maritime Museum with it's history of the shiping history of Savannah?

I think Fort Pulaski is a must for teens. Well, actually, I think it's a must for everyone. You would need a car to get there. Go a bit further and get to the Lighthouse at Tybee. Kids usually love to try climbing to the top. Wormsloe is another spot that they might like.

6. Re: Night tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 02:15