We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

very short trip report

NY
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
214 reviews
Save Topic
very short trip report

We just returned from 2 nights in Savannah. WE stayed at the brand new Holiday Inn Express.It was a pleasure staying there because of the fact that it is brand new, and everything is still so pretty and clean smelling. We found a very nice taxi driver, who charged us her hourly rate and took us for a tour around the city, as it was very hot, about 96, and my husband is not from the walkers to begin with, let alone in that heat. We had a very nice time, and the best part of the short visit was the restaurants we chose. We ate at the olde pink house the first night, and we had a lovely dinner. The food was excellent, and the waiter was very attentive. Our second meal was even better, it was superb. We ate at Bistro-Savannah, and I have to say it was one of the best meals I've had in a long time. We were treated wonderfully, and we felt the they really appreciated our business, besides the fact that their food was soooooo good. We departed for a night in Charleston after that, that unfortunately didn't go as well.

Mentioned in this post
Savannah
Savannah
Georgia Coast, GA
Charleston
Charleston
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Savannah
Level Contributor
636 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: very short trip report

Sounds like you had an enjoyable time. Next time try a trolley or air-conditioned minibus to tour, it would be more reasonably priced and a better touring experience.

I'm glad you posted your trip report. More people should, since it helps us make future recommendations.

NY
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: very short trip report

I originally wanted to just walk around, but my husband couldn't take it, and saw the taxi. We were going to do the trolley thing, but the girl at the desk, told us that not all the trolleys have air conditioning, and that some people like to leave their windows open, so we opted not to go on the trolley at that point.

chatham county, ga
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: very short trip report

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Savannah. Unfortunately, you were not told that there are small tour companies, locally owned, who do tours in small air-conditioned vehicles. You would have had a tour by a licensed tour guide and probably would have paid a lot less than a taxi. Taxi drivers are not tour guides.

Mentioned in this post
Savannah
Savannah
Georgia Coast, GA
NY
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: very short trip report

I know, but it was a last minute thing, when my hubby didn't want to walk anymore. We were just going to take the taxi to our restaurant for lunch, when he asked her about doing a little tour. It was fine, didn't really cost us much.

5. Re: very short trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 19:15