We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls night out Saturday- Restaurant?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Girls night out Saturday- Restaurant?

Hello!

Some girlfriends and I will be staying at the Hyatt this weekend, and are looking for fun, mid-priced restaurant suggestions. We're planning to hit some bars later in the evening, so a spot with a fun atmosphere would be great (more "Sex and the City" than "sports bar type" place, ideally).

Also- I asked below about whether the public parking garages are generally safe, and didn't get a response. I know there's one very near our hotel- is the public parking safe enough here (like Charleston), or a place to be avoided?

Thanks!

route 66
Level Contributor
728 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls night out Saturday- Restaurant?

There's a huge city-owned parking garage in a short walk of the Hyatt, the Bryan St. garage. The city's parking services office is downstairs & you may be able to buy a 48 hr. parking pass for discout parking. Check when you arrive.It's safe & secure.

For what would pass as Savannah's Sex in the City atmosphere ...look into IL Pasticcio restaurant on Bull & Broughton (a 2-3 block jaunt from the Hyatt). Pasticcio is loud & moving, reminds me of sleek NYC place at night. Somewhat more understated but elegant is Vic's on the River, just east of the Hyatt...see and be seen at Vic's, a great scene. The rooftop terrace at Churchill's pub across Bay St. from the Hyatt is a fun place to start.

Pubs along Bull st. near Chippewa Sq. include the Six Pence & McDonough's, a solid mix of locals & tourists. The Arches is the new bar at The Old Pink House, be sure to check it outt,good reviews in the local paper. it seems to attract a 20-30s crowd.

For lunch you must go to SoHo South Cafe on Liberty, west of Bull and/or the Gryphon Tea Room on Bull St. at Madison Sq. At least do the high tea at Gryphon 4p.m. daily (closed Sunday). It's a ladies' delight.

Have fun, but be safe: avoid squares late at night, stay together when walking.

The creeps come out after 1a.m.

If you're a die-hard Paula Deen fan you'll hve to line up by 8:30a.m. to get your names down for lunch. Weekends are a sellout cattle-call by 10:30a.m. Somtimes they book early in the day for supper hours too, so be warned.

The Paula Deen gift shop is next door to Lady & Sons. You can find the same items --her mixes & sauces, aprons, books, etc. in your local Steinmart back home, with the famous Steinmart discount, too.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls night out Saturday- Restaurant?

Thanks so much for the detailed response! This is really helpful!

Savannah
Level Contributor
636 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls night out Saturday- Restaurant?

Also check out Jazz'd Tapas Bar on Broughton.

atlanta
Level Contributor
580 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls night out Saturday- Restaurant?

I 2nd Jazz'd

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Girls night out Saturday- Restaurant?

The Hyatt has it's own garage, under the hotel, which is not underground, but above River Street. That should be perfectly safe. I think the public garages are quite safe too, as Foggy mentioned, just be aware.

6. Re: Girls night out Saturday- Restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Savannah
Recent Conversations