We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Savannah report--where we ate & requested report on...

Cumming, Georgia
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
My Savannah report--where we ate & requested report on...

First, The Forsyth Park Inn B&B was absolutely awesome! I felt like royalty there. If you want no perks, go to the Mansion across the street (about the same price), but if you want your breakfast, snacks, wine/hor 'dourve reception, and desserts--all gourmet, added to your visit, go to this lovely place. Can't say enough.

First night we went to Jazz'd. We were going to go to another location (can't remember the name), but the menu we had at the B&B was different than the actual menu and didn't like what it had to offer, so we strolled around and saw Jazz'd. It was awesome! They have a deal for $45 "tappas for Two." It comes with two soups or salads, four tappas (large portions for tappas!), and two desserts with coffee. It was so delicious too! Very upscale in flavor. We didn't stay for the jazz as it didn't begin until 9:00 and we were worn out.

The second night we went to Bistro Savannah. I don't remember who said they didn't like it, but they must have been nuts. We're from Atlanta and know what good food tastes like. This was just as good or better than the best restaurants in Atlanta. We had the mussels appetizer. OMG! They were even better than my favorite french restaurant in Buckhead-Atlanta. Amazing! Then we had the grouper on top of grits. Again...to DIE for. Went back to our B&B for their tasty gourmet desserts. Yes, the tables were small, but really...it was NO big deal. They sat us in a small room off to the back. Very quaint and romantic. That is a "must go" on anyone's visit to Savannah.

We at pizza at that Vinee Van Go-Go's (forgive me if I totally messed up that name). Great pizza...just like they have at the quickie places in NY, which says a lot. (my husband is from NY) Had a light lunch there.

All in all, we loved our visit to Savannah. Did a lot of walking, didn't EVER pay to park. You just have to be determined to find a street side place and you will. Silly to pay when you can park for free ;)

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My Savannah report--where we ate & requested report on...

Thanks so much for the trip report. Glad you had a nice time. Tell your friends and please come back soon! :)>

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My Savannah report--where we ate & requested report on...

Thanks for the report, Sahmom3. I'm glad to hear you had such a wonderful time. I think we're definitely going to have to go to Jazz'd now!

Murfreesboro, TN
Level Contributor
215 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My Savannah report--where we ate & requested report on...

Sahmomof3,

Glad you liked Jazz'd - we are going back to visit friends in Savannah in September and first on our list is Jazz'd also, we love the Olympic Cafe on River Street. I just love Savannah, can't wait for my trip....

dallas
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My Savannah report--where we ate & requested report on...

I just returned from Savannah this weekend. I have to recommend Jazz'd also. But you definitely have to go for the band. I thought the food was only so-so. But the music and martinis were great. Only wish they had a dance floor.

Cumming, Georgia
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My Savannah report--where we ate & requested report on...

It must depend on what you order. The calamari was great, and the crabcakes were pretty good. Now, we ordered some steak on a stick thing and it was very chincy, but it tasted okay-not great. The grouper tapas was also very good. So, I would ask for recommendations before ordering. Can't remember what the fourth tapas was that we ordered but I'm sure it was good. She crab soup is VERY heavy (as is anywhere), so look out on filling up with that!

lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: My Savannah report--where we ate & requested report on...

We were in Savannah last week (our first visit - what a CHARMING city!). Stayed at the new Garden Hotel & were very pleased. We had no car, & our private carriage tour was cancalled because of a thunderstorm, so we missed that experience, sad to say! We had a great meal at Churchill's Pub on Bay St., then walked down Bull St. to Chippewa Square so we could see some of the beautiful historic sights. (Wold have gone further, but it was HOT HOT HOT!)

Hope we can return someday...