We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mother and daughter trip - nightlife?

NY
7 posts
Save Topic
mother and daughter trip - nightlife?

My daughter (21) and I will be spending 5 days in Savannah and 2 in Hilton Head in August. (I know, it will be hot!) Any suggestions for what to do at night?

Also, is the only way to get to Tybee Island to rent a car? Sounds like it's a trip we shouldn't miss.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Hilton Head
Hilton Head
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Tybee Island
Tybee Island
Georgia Coast, GA
John Musgrove, Jr. Haunted Historical Tours
Walking Tours, Ghost & Vampire Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Day Trips
Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: mother and daughter trip - nightlife?

Since you will be going to Hilton Head, the beach at Tybee might be time wasted It's really not a great beach. It's a great drive over the marsh and a stop at Fort Pulaski is well worth the time, but the beach itself..... not worth the car rental since you are goin to HH. If you do get a car, please stop at Fort Pulaski.

Mentioned in this post
Hilton Head
Hilton Head
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Savannah
Level Contributor
636 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mother and daughter trip - nightlife?

What do you and your mother like to do? There are a lot of options: martinis, pubs, clubs, dancing, piano bars, tours, etc.

Any idea what appeals to you?

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
235 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mother and daughter trip - nightlife?

Savannah Smiles Dueling Piano Bar in Savannah.

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mother and daughter trip - nightlife?

Walk around Bull and Broughton, City Market and River Street. That gives you about 50 places to choose from. You will find someplace that feels comfortable.

Renting a car is the only way to get to Tybee, as far as I know, it is fun but I agree with Aileen, if that would be the only reason to get the car, just wait until you get to HH for the beach.

Mentioned in this post
City Market
City Market
2,000 Reviews
Savannah, GA
River Street Savannah
River Street Savannah
6,399 Reviews
Savannah, GA
5. Re: mother and daughter trip - nightlife?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 23:17