We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tybe Island or Savannah

Central California...
Level Contributor
92 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tybe Island or Savannah

We would be first time visitors to the area. We could do a timeshare exchange at Tybrisa at the Beach on Tybee or stay in lodging in Savannah. Which would be best for taking day trips to the area? We're thinking of March only because the timeshare has to be used by 3/30. Would another time be better? We're flexible. Any advice appreciated.

Savannah
Level Contributor
636 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tybe Island or Savannah

The beach will likely still be pretty cool, temperaturewise, in March. Also, late March is the start of our sand gnat season (for both Savannah and Tybee, but Tybee is worse).

Just FYI.

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tybe Island or Savannah

Stayin in savannah is very expensive, if you have a timeshare already paid for, it would make sense to stay there. But if i were to vacation at a beach in march, i would look to southern florida. Tybee is only 15-20 minutes from savannah, so it is not a big commute or hassle to see both.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Tybe Island or Savannah

I would take the time share, unless it's in some peculiar place. The drive into the Historic Section of Savannah will be only about 20 miles, depending where you will be staying. It's a nice drive over the marshes.

The last week in March should be a beautiful time in Savannah. The flowering trees, azaleas, etc. will be putting on a great show. Well....it will be great, unless Mother Nature has a snit and gives us some kind of weird late cold snap.

However, if the difference in cost doesn't bother you, staying in a hotel in the HD would be much more convenient for strolling around, and generally seeing things.

Be aware of one thing...March 17th. St Patrick's Day Parade and Party. The city overflows and rooms may be impossible to find for a couple of days afterwards.

Central California...
Level Contributor
92 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tybe Island or Savannah

Thanks to all who've responded. Appreciate the input.

seek4me

5. Re: Tybe Island or Savannah

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Savannah
Recent Conversations