We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant suggestions?

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurant suggestions?

Best restaurants for entrees around $15 per person, in historic district?

Been to The Pirates House many times and really don't want to revisit.

Would like to get some seafood in a nice atmosphere.

On the other hand, do I just cough up the money and spring for The Olde Pink House or Garibaldis? Or are there other options?

Savannah
Level Contributor
636 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant suggestions?

$15/ per will be tough, unless it's pub food you're after. I personally would just order the cheaper menu item at a place like the Pink House, Garibaldi's, Vic's on the River or B. Matthews. You can sometimes find options for under $20, but expect to pay around $22.

It is my viewpoint that getting an upgraded meal while on vacation is almost always worth it. You can find a fried basket o' whatever for $15, but will you really enjoy it? If it is my vacation I'd prefer to spend a couple more dollars and get the sauteed shrimp as opposed to the Captain D's-esque deep fried version any day. Just skip the wine and appetizers if cost is an issue. On my last vacation my companion and I skipped the traditional bottle of wine with dinner and afterwards enjoyed a bottle we ourselves brought with us in our room and saved a substantial amount of money.

Panhandle, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant suggestions?

I second Tram3's response...we're in Savannah right now and in love with the town...We have dined and been delighted with all meals.

Mrs. Wilkes for lunch

The Pink House for Dinner

Bistro Savannah for Dinner

and up on the rooftop terrace at Churchhills and Molly or Maggie Malones or Mahhones...hows that for forgetting a name..its a Scottish Pub....Its a Congress Street Anyways the last two were fun for drinks....

Panhandle, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant suggestions?

Correction to my mumble jumble

The Olde Pink House and Molly MacPherson's

sorry for that.....Have Fun

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant suggestions?

I would like to suggest Skyler's in the basement of the East Bay Inn. You can check out the menu here:

http://www.skylersrestaurant.com/

The crab cakes are the best in the city. I would suggest going for lunch - the menu prices at lunch are 1/2 of what you were looking for.

The dinner menu is virtually the same as the lunch menu - they give the same portion sizes, and the price is higher.

route 66
Level Contributor
728 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant suggestions?

Go to an upscale restaurant for lunch and you'll pay about half of what's charged on a similar (if not the same) menu at night. Let lunch be your splurge.

recommended:

The Olde Pink House, newly opened for lunch

Vic's on the River

17Hundred90

Aqua Star, the restaurant at the Westin across the river from downtown. You can ride the Savannah River ferry at no charge & it's a fun way to travel.

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,844 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant suggestions?

If you'll contact me at my SavannahMame message center "box", I'll tell you about a neighborhood restaurant (10 min. from Hist. Dist.) that has the best crab cakes and shrimp and okra over rice in town. And great comfort/soul food and fresh loaves of cornbread with pear butter served as soon as you place your order. And well within your price range.

I walk there from my home, but would drive a long way if I weren't fortunate to live within walking distance.

Viera, Florida
Level Contributor
901 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant suggestions?

I believe that part of the Savannah experience includes the many awesome local restaurants that they have and I look forward to trying new dishes when I go. If you want an awesome experience, slurge a little and don't miss the better restaurants.

8. Re: Restaurant suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 23:16