We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rehearsal dinner -- where to have it?

Port Saint Lucie...
Level Contributor
64 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
rehearsal dinner -- where to have it?

About 25 people. No more than $15 a person for the average plate. Very nice and clean. A place where you don't have to rent a room for a big group, if at all possible.

We are having the reception at Il Pasticcio and Thanksgiving dinner at the Pirates house. So any place different than fried food or italian also great.

Savannah
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: rehearsal dinner -- where to have it?

I had my rehearsal dinner at Alligator Soul, it was EXCELLENT!- it was about $25 a plate. I'm not sure of a place that would be around $15 a plate downtown. I would check Vic's on the River (I know they do quite a few rehearsal dinners and receptions.) I believe the Pink House and Garibaldi's are also around $25 a plate.

I hope this helps...

Savannah
Level Contributor
636 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rehearsal dinner -- where to have it?

You might want to try places like Churchill's, Moon River Brewing Company, or even higher-end chains like Carrabba's or the Olive Garden. I don't think you can get a high-end restaurant for $15 a plate downtown unless you have a severely limited menu. That's not to disparage M.R. or Churchill's, but they're middle-tier restaurants.

Good luck, and enjoy Savannah!

Port Saint Lucie...
Level Contributor
64 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rehearsal dinner -- where to have it?

I'll check out Churchills and the Moon River brewing company. I don't want chains, especially italian ones. :) THANKS!!!

Charlotte
Level Contributor
19 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rehearsal dinner -- where to have it?

I am definitely voting for Churchill's. I LOVE that place and they have smaller rooms all over the restaurant. They have a great, warm atmosphere, wonderful food and excellent service.

It's not too pricey, either! I am taking another trip to Savannah next week and can't wait to introduce Churchill's to my In-laws

Port Saint Lucie...
Level Contributor
64 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rehearsal dinner -- where to have it?

I'm pretty sure we are doing it at churchill's. My FH and I are going to share the menu with his parents tomorrow. THANKS!

6. Re: rehearsal dinner -- where to have it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 22:18