We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants for Thanksgiving dinner

Washington State
Level Contributor
9 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants for Thanksgiving dinner

Our first visit to Savannah will be during Thanksgiving week. We will probably be staying in the historical district. We would love recommendations of where to dine on Thanksgiving evening. It doesn't need to be a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, just somewhere friendly and cozy and not too expensive. My husband and I are in our sixties--just the two of us on this trip.

Thank you,

KatieMcKay

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants for Thanksgiving dinner

I could be wrong, but I think the only restaurants open on Thanksgiving in the Historic District are those that offer the nice Thanksgiving dinner, such as the Olde Pink House and the Pirate's House.

Most of the smaller ones, and the chains, like Outback and Panera, are closed that day.

Savannah
Level Contributor
636 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants for Thanksgiving dinner

Moon River is always open every year. A friend of mine works there and comes home raving about the spread. Gene Beeco, co-owner, apparently goes all out.

Washington State
Level Contributor
9 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants for Thanksgiving dinner

Thank you for your replies and good ideas. I did some checking and The Pirate's House is closed on Thanksgiving, but the other recommendations look good. We are excited about trying some real Southern cuisine!

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants for Thanksgiving dinner

Go to www.opentable.com, and you can find out which restaurants are open in any American city, during any holiday.

Port Saint Lucie...
Level Contributor
64 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants for Thanksgiving dinner

the Pirates House better not be closed on Turkey day! I gave them $200 to reserve space for my family and friends who are coming in for my wedding that Saturday. I just left message w/ the sale director to confirm. When she calls back I will let you know......

~sarah

Vancouver, British...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants for Thanksgiving dinner

Hugh Stewart

Vancouver, BC

We are traveling from Canada to meet our son who will returning from his tour of duty in Iraq. As we are renting hotel rooms versus a condo, we don't have any cooking facilities. I have phoned around and have only been able to find the Double Tree which offers a Thanksgiving buffet (no reservations). We'll give the other restaurents a call.

THank You

Hugh Stewart

Savannah
Level Contributor
636 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants for Thanksgiving dinner

McDonough's on Drayton Street has a Thanksgiving spread, too.

8. Re: Restaurants for Thanksgiving dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 00:20
Get answers to your questions about Savannah