We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top 5 "Must See's" & Top 5 Best Eayeries

Top 5 "Must See's" & Top 5 Best Eayeries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2010, 16:19
Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Top 5 "Must See's" & Top 5 Best Eayeries

The very first thing on your list is to take a stroll or a trolley tour around the Historic District. This will give you an idea of what Savannah is all about. This is a MUST.

Then, as you look, take notice of the museums, galleries or whatever you would like to go back and see again.

I'm betting that if we told you what we thought our favorite things were, we would leave out something that would have pleased you much more. Wait until you get here to plan. Your hotel will have a lot of good information and brochures

If you will have a car, take time to ride out to Fort Pulaski.

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top 5 "Must See's" & Top 5 Best Eayeries

I agree with Aileen but in the spirit of customer service, here are my lists, to be done after taking a trolley tour:

Must Do:

Walk from Bay to the far end of Forsyth on Bull, then back on Abercorn or Barnard, sit down for at least a minute or two in each square.

Visit Ft Pulaski and wander around the grounds as well as the fort.

Go to the Telfair Museum, visit both buildings and tour the Owens-Thomas house.

Walk River Street from Chuck's Bar to the Marriott, sit down and just watch the river go by somewhere near the Waving Lady statue.

Ride the ferry across to the Westin and wander around the river front and pool area, take pics of City Hall from that side of the river.

Restaurants (some for the food some for the view)

Vinnie Van Go Go's (get a slice, if you get a pie, everyone will know you are a tourist)

Garibaldi's (great bldg, service and food)

Angel's BBQ (true mom and pop, technically Aileen and Andy, home made, delicious, bbq and sides)

One Eyed Lizzie's (sit on a balcony, take your time, drink cheap margaritas, hope a ship goes by)

Ruth's Chris (what the heck! you're on vacation!)

Barnesville, Georgia
Level Contributor
819 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top 5 "Must See's" & Top 5 Best Eayeries

Must Sees:

Bonaventure Cemetary is beautiful and packed with history

Also stroll River Street and watch a ship come in or go out

Of course the squares and houses--I second the trolley recommendation, especially the on/off and do it first day in town to get bearings and identify other places to go

To me, a drive out to Tybee Island and the beach and lighthouse is really nice. The forts mentioned earlier post are on the way.

We also like to hang out at Forsyth Park

Good Food:

I think The Lady and Sons is still pretty good and worth a visit once

I hear Mrs Wilkes is place to eat for lunch. Not open weekends.

Vinnie Van Go Gos is very good pizza.

We like the Greek place on river street. Love their Greek Salads, but also good seafood and other entrees

enjoy

California
Level Contributor
462 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top 5 "Must See's" & Top 5 Best Eayeries

Savannah is a lovely city. Take one of the trolley rides to get an overview of the historic area and then walk through the lovely squares and neighborhoods. Also, tour a couple of the historic houses.

My favorite restaurants are The Old Pink House and Savannah Bistro. The Firefly Cafe was also terrific. This is definitely an eating city!

5. Re: Top 5 "Must See's" & Top 5 Best Eayeries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 15:18