We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

50th Birthday - Girls Weekend

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Quincy, MA
3 posts
Save Topic
50th Birthday - Girls Weekend

Hi,

I'm trying to plan a trip to Savannah for a long weekend - late April, early May. There will be about 6 or 7 of us. I'd love to stay in one of the inns or B&B's in the Historic District but we are somewhat night owls and don't want to stay in a place that closes up at 10:00.

Any suggestions?

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 50th Birthday - Girls Weekend

Many of the B&B's have courtyard/basement rooms that are accessable without goinging inside the main house. You should be able to find a place and have your own key to get into and out of your accommodations.

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,829 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 50th Birthday - Girls Weekend

Be aware in your planning that Night Owl Safety is a distinct consideration. I have some misgivings about 'entry from the outside' accommodations for a bunch of girlfriends. I believe you can find an inn or B&B that will provide you with a universal to the main door so that you can approach you individual rooms from the security of an inside entry. Also, budget for taxi fare for getting your Night Owls "home" from your venues of celebration to your accommodation....don't be walking about after 10:00 p.m.

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,829 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 50th Birthday - Girls Weekend

Sorry. That should read... "provide you with a universal KEY..."

route 66
Level Contributor
728 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 50th Birthday - Girls Weekend

Your safety is a concern in downtown Savannah, especially late at night. Don't walk around from the nightclubs back to your inn or hotel, hire the pedicabs to shuttle you & your gang. I often get criticized for warning tourists about nighttime safety & all, but having been a victim of a violent crime downtown, I know of which I speak. Women can be vulnerable.

The small inns and B&B's don't cater to night owls or loud partying groups, so you'll be better off reserving rooms in hotels close to the nightlife on River St. or City Market. Why stay at grandma's Victorian manse when she turns of the lights at 10p.m.? No, you should look into the new Avia hotel at Ellis Square or perhaps the Hyatt REgency overlooking River St.

Quincy, MA
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 50th Birthday - Girls Weekend

thanks for your advise! very helpful. sounds like the hotels are the best option.

Jacksonville
Level Contributor
226 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 50th Birthday - Girls Weekend

We really like the suites at Inn at Ellis Square - there is a separate bedroom and sleeper sofa in the living room, fridge, microwave, etc. Don't know if any are adjoining, but they might suit your needs. Directly on Bay St in a great location. They're the best value in the area, IMHO.

dallas
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: 50th Birthday - Girls Weekend

My friends and I did the same thing several years ago. If you're going to do the party scene, I suggest staying right on River St. River Street Inn has rooms overlooking the river, some with balconies. We stayed here once. It's a beautiful old hotel. There's several others as well. Then you can walk back to your rooms from the bars. Kevin Barry's pub and a couple of open air type places for late night. If you're wanting to party at night in place, I suggest staying out on Tybee Island. We did the Savannah stuff Savannah stuff during the day and the beachhouse at night. We stayed at a privately owned place called westonbeachhouse. Had everything we needed. Three bedrooms, 3 baths, huge kitchen, etc. The rule for our first weekend, everyone had to read Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. Then we all watched the movie together one night to prepare us for our trips. It helped give a glimpse of Savannah. Of course once we got there, there was so much more. I go back every other year.

Quincy, MA
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 50th Birthday - Girls Weekend

I'm glad to hear how much you loved it. This is a bit of a different trip for us. Usually go the beach - caribbean. Thanks!

9. Re: 50th Birthday - Girls Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 05:22