We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pub List - Please Help

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
133 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Pub List - Please Help

I'm researching for our trip to Savannah. We like to visit pubs for a break.

I found quite a list of pubs in the Savannah area. We'll be staying in the historic district for directional reference.

My list of pub choices:

- Molly Macpherson's

- Six Pence Pub

- Kevin Barry's

- Churchill's

- Billy's Place at Mcdonough's

- Murphy's Law Pub

We won't have time for all of these. Your local knowledge would be very helpful in ranking these choices on a combination of atmosphere, charm, food, (and live music if available).

Thanks.

route 66
Level Contributor
728 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pub List - Please Help

Molly's is THE place for Scotch. I find their fish and chips to be the tastiest in Savannah.

All the pubs are good. McDonough's brings in the locals, and they serve hot lunches that go beyond pub fare. Billy is the crusty owner but he's all about looking after you.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
133 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pub List - Please Help

THANKS foggybottom!

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pub List - Please Help

If you are a beer fan try Moon River Brewing on Bay Street they make several very good beers. They have a tradition of a Friday night at 6 toast, it is fun and a great bunch of people there.

Savannah
Level Contributor
636 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pub List - Please Help

I'm not a fan of McDonoughs, although Billy is very nice it is more of a karaoke bar as the evening wears on.

Molly's is great, Churchill's is a good beer hall but the food is only fair. Six Pence is hit or miss-- sometimes the food is great, and th beer selection is good, but the prices seem high for what you get and I've had a couple of bad meals there.

Murphy's Law depends on when you go-- the late night crowd is a little rougher than I'd like, but the food is good and the early evening crowd is pretty nice.

Could I suggest Circa 1875? Either there or Molly's is a good choice.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
133 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pub List - Please Help

Thanks BrianO and tram3! I appreciate the insider insight. I'm making notes to have all the great info handy during our visit.

6. Re: Pub List - Please Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 10:16