We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brew pubs/micro breweries

Somerset UK
Destination Expert
for Devon
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
202 reviews
Save Topic
Brew pubs/micro breweries

We were in Canada last year where 2 different pubs (linked with micro breweries) offered a sample of all their beers.

One offered 7 different samples in small glasses (each about a 6th of a pint) whilst the other had 9 different ones with a description of each one (you were even offered advice as to the order in which to drink them).

Do any of the brew pubs do that in Savannah?

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brew pubs/micro breweries

This is the local brew pubs.

www.moonriverbrewing.com/

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brew pubs/micro breweries

And yes they do have a nice sampler selection and very knowledgeable people if you have questions about the different brews.

All their beer is brewed on site, behind big windows so if anything is going on, you can watch.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
130 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brew pubs/micro breweries

I agree on moon river, not much else going on in that area SE GA is kind of a beer waste land..

Some of the beer sites are showing a Hilton Head Brewpub over in HH which is not that far away either.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,884 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brew pubs/micro breweries

Scowick, my home computer is dead and my work computer is actually blocking my access to the website for Moon River Brewing. Can you tell me where it located? thanks!

Kennesaw, GA
Level Contributor
312 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brew pubs/micro breweries

Also the historic district finally has a good beer pub, Distillary. Located at Liberty and Martin Luther King.

Savannah
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Brew pubs/micro breweries

Moon River Brewing Company is located at 21 West Bay Street right across the street from the Hyatt.

The Distillery is also really good if you like beer they offer a sampler (I think one dark, one light/pale, and one mixed) and also many craft beers not available at other bars in Savannah.

7. Re: Brew pubs/micro breweries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 23:16
Get answers to your questions about Savannah