We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what I learned about Savannah

maryland
Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
what I learned about Savannah

I sure had a hard time finding useful information on sightseeing in Savannah. I have just returned and this is what I learned.

1. All the trolley tours basically cover the same route with more or less the same narration. Most of the trolleys go to the visitor center so you can look them over, talk to the guide, check the price and make your choice then and there.

2. The haunted pub tour is more about drinking than ghosts. If you want to go to some cool pubs and have an excuse to refill your beer cup every 30 minutes, this is the tour for you. If you want a good ghost story, try another tour.

3. Architectural tour was outstanding-see my review elsewhere.

Two things that I didn't get to do, but are on my list for next time...

High Tea at the Gryphon (4-6pm)

Get a picnic lunch at Parkers (??) on Drayton, north of liberty and sit in a shady square and people watch and eat.

Can't wait to go back.

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what I learned about Savannah

Thanks for that.

Did you have a hard time getting ifo in this forum, or were you looking elsewhere? Just wondering.

maryland
Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what I learned about Savannah

I always check out the forums and was specifically looking for info on tours. I just couldn't find much. I did read several reviews on the Architectural tour which pointed me in the right direction. I figure you all can't make specific recommendations about tours so that is why reader posts are so helpful.

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what I learned about Savannah

Next time you come - and we do hope you'll come back soon - ask specific (branded) questions on this forum. Most locals are pretty quick to "tell all" about any tourist offering about which we have information or with which we've had personal experience. There are some really well-researched ghost tours that are well worth the time. We'll help you find the right one when you come back.

maryland
Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what I learned about Savannah

Thanks. I will be back and will ask for help before I go. I am still learning my way around Trip Advisor.

5. Re: what I learned about Savannah

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2009, 05:31
Get answers to your questions about Savannah