We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

halloween in savannah

charlotte, north...
1 post
Save Topic
halloween in savannah

My girlfriend and i are going to savannah for halloween this year which is also my birthday and we are both savannah virgins, just wanting to know a few suggestion about where to go like haunted tours,bars,resturants around river street inn.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: halloween in savannah

There have been a couple more posts regarding Halloween. Go to the Savannah Forum and scroll down. There are some very good ideas.

Raleigh
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: halloween in savannah

There are many haunted tours, but the BEST is through the guys at 'Haunted Pub Crawl'. They've got a book published and the last tour I went on in July was incredible. Our guide was great. I'm also going down for Halloween w/ the gf, and it is her first time. Definitely hit Creole Red on Congress St. and The Lady and Sons for lunch. Coming down from Raleigh, maybe we'll see you there.

Jacksonville, FL
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: halloween in savannah

Are there any party type atmospheres similar to St. Patrick's Day in Savannah the weekend before Halloween that anyone knows about?? We are also going to Savannah for the first time for Halloween. Thanks!!

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: halloween in savannah

Watch this section of the local paper as we get closer, there should be plenty of listings of goings on. Particularly the Thursday before, that's when the entertainment tab comes out.

savannahnow.com/CURRENT/ENTERTAINMENTindex.s…

massey
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: halloween in savannah

Does anyone dress up for Halloween, other than the tour guides and children?

Savannah
Level Contributor
636 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: halloween in savannah

I second the Savannah Haunted Pub Crawl, but you regulars on the board knew that.

I love how people dress for Halloween here. It is an art student population, so you get some great concepts and some fabulous costumes. A lot of folks go all-out.

Also, there will be numerous costume contests downtown as well. Just look for flyers.

Savannah
Level Contributor
636 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: halloween in savannah

I wonder what Savannah Smiles will be like for Halloween?

(It's a dueling piano bar, & a lot of fun).

coolpaws246
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: halloween in savannah

The Pink House is one of the best restaurants in town, the 1790 House is also very good. It has a really neat history too, and great rooms. I have stayed at the River St. Inn and did not find it that great, the staff was not that helpful, and the rooms were noisy. I'm not sure of the name of the tour, but we went on one that took us to all of the restaurants and bars in town, at each stop everyone gets a drink. It was a lot of fun and he told great stories! Have fun its a beautiful city.

Savannah
Level Contributor
636 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: halloween in savannah

Just to be clear, none of the pub crawls in town *provide* alcohol. What Coolpaws means to say is that you can purchase alcohol at all the stops.

A person on a pub crawl I was on was under the mistaken impression that they were going to drink for free all night for their under-$20 admission charge for the tour. The guide simply opened the brochure and pointed to the tourist to the FAQ, which clearly stated this. The tourist began to sputter to which the guide replied, "Look, I don't have a liquor license. I would go to jail for furnishing you alcohol."

That being said, we have some great pub tours in this town.

Georgia
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: halloween in savannah

As long as u stay on river street u will find everything u need!

Get answers to your questions about Savannah