We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best raw bar/ oysters?

Washington DC
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Best raw bar/ oysters?

Will be visiting Savannah the last week of October and I'm looking forward to slurpin' up some fresh raw oysters. Where should I go?

Thanks!

georgia
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best raw bar/ oysters?

If you are looking for something laid back and outdoorsy, I would visit the Crab Shack on Tybee Island (approx 20mi from Sav)....it's where the "elite eat in their bare feet." It has platters of raw or steamed oysters, crawfish, shrimp, crab cakes, low country boil, etc. I always make this restaurant one of the stops when I'm entertaining vistors in Savannah.

Kennesaw, GA
Level Contributor
312 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best raw bar/ oysters?

There's also Bernie's on River Street and on Tybee.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best raw bar/ oysters?

The Quarter on Tybee Island.

4. Re: Best raw bar/ oysters?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2010, 07:28
Get answers to your questions about Savannah