We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants on Tybe Island

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Germantown, Tn
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants on Tybe Island

Will be in Savannah OCT 25 26 27. Any opinions on these restaurants on Tybe. Dolphin Reef, Crab Shack,Breakfast Club? Thanks

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants on Tybe Island

I was born and raised on Tybee. Love, love the Breakfast Club. It's expensive, though. Get there early to avoid the line. The Sunrise is great also, they have a breakfast buffet on weekends and much cheaper than BC.

The Crab Shack is great for steamed seafood and BBQ, great location on the marsh and a gator pond you can feed the gators. Don't forget to visit the Gift Shack!

AJ's on the Back River is great for seafood, love their shrimp and grits. Great location at a marina, great sunsets. Stingrays on 14th and Butler is great for seafood as well.

Sundae Cafe is awesome as well, located in the Chu's shopping center at Jones and Butler (2nd stoplight). Good home cooking.

The Quarter on Butler is great for oysters and awesome cheezeburgers and wings.

Huc A Poos is great for pizza by the slice, great outdoor deck and live music often

I haven't been to the Dolphin Reef in ages so I won't comment on it. Does have a good location, overlooking the ocean though.

Germantown, Tn
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants on Tybe Island

TybeeLucy, Thanks for all the recommendations. Love steamed sea food and shimp & grits. Guess I will have to try several places!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants on Tybe Island

You'll love the Crab Shack then if you like steamed seafood. I go to AJs and Stingrays for the fried stuff!! They are all awesome though. No shortage of good food. Two other places I forgot to mention- Cafe Loco and Groovers, both are at Lazaretto Creek, right when you come onto to Tybee by the shrimp docks. It doesn't get any fresher than that!!

Boston
Level Contributor
3,676 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants on Tybe Island

I vote for the Breakfast club (yes, early!!), AJs (amazing food) and the Mariner something or other (hopefully the locals will help me out here), its on the beach, slightly upscale, behind a hotel I think down on Butler heading towards the mainland.

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants on Tybe Island

I agree with ever thing that Tybeelucy said.

The crab shack has some great seamed seafood. Try the shack shellfish platter. You can get it for 1 to 4 people. You will go home stuffed and with a doggy bag. They also have some cheap lunch specials and the crab stew is very good.

I have not eat at the Dolphin Reef in years but it was only ok. The view is the best thing about the place.

For some good fried shrimp or scallops give Spanky's a try.

John

Germantown, Tn
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants on Tybe Island

John, Any suggestions on restaurants in Savannah. I have two recommendations from Memphis friends that travel to Savannah several times a year. Elizabeth on Thirty Seventh & Sapphire Grill. Any info would be appreciated.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants on Tybe Island

What kind of food are you looking for in Savannah? Both Elizabeth's and Sapphire Grill are great places. I also like the Olde Pink House. I haven't been there yet but have heard good things about Vic's on the River. There is a new hotel on Bay called the Bohemian that has an awesome rooftop lounge. I haven't eaten there yet but have also heard good things about the food.

Germantown, Tn
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants on Tybe Island

TybeeLucy. Thanks again for your info. We like ALL kinds of food! I believe we will choose Sapphire Grill over Elizabeth's. Like Sapphire's menu better and looks like Elizabeth's has gotten several not so positive reviews on TA and another site I use. We are staying at Planters Inn on Reynolds Sq. and will go to the Olde Pink House one night which I understand is either part of Planter's are right next door and comes highly recommened from my friend..We will be in Savannah three nights so I need one more choice for dinner. One more question. Several years back I went to a small place in the downtown area run by a black lady that was famous for her fried chicken. Seems like she did not have a menu you just ordered what she had that day. Does this place ring a bell and if so is it still opened? Thanks again for help.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants on Tybe Island

The place you are mentioning does not ring a bell. If you want good home cooking I would suggest Mrs Wilkes Boarding, and skip Paula Deens. For dinner, if you don't want anything too fancy, the Oyster Bar and Tubby's Tankhouse on River Street have great seafood.

Germantown, Tn
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants on Tybe Island

TybeeLucy, Thanks for the reply. We have done Mrs Wilkes several times. The food and experience was great, but want to try something different.Thanks