We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What Is It about Savannah that makes you feel at home?

Atlanta, Georgia
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What Is It about Savannah that makes you feel at home?

Home cooked food and Southern hospitality is what I look forward to in Savannah.

I love travelling, and I have visited many places, international and domestic, but when I am in Savannah I feel at home, free of stress and anxiety.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What Is It about Savannah that makes you feel at home?

Everyone is so friendly and you feel like you're never in a hurry.

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
53 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What Is It about Savannah that makes you feel at home?

It's the all-inclusive atmosphere.

It's the slower pace. Try things fast-paced here and you might get a heart attack from the heat.

It's the fact that we don't mind when a Yankee busts out with a 'Ya'll."

It's the fact that even Ms. Savannah is armed, and knows how to use it. We didn't even take her crown away when she shot somebody... I'm serious, that really happened.

It's the fact that saying 'Bless their heart' immediately following after even the sharpest criticism somehow makes it all okay.

It's the home cooking: collard greens, sweet potato pie and fried chicken.

It's the fact that I had to move north the get to the South.

Savannah
Level Contributor
636 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What Is It about Savannah that makes you feel at home?

The squares are like public living rooms on cool evenings. Everyone can just stop and take a moment to relax. I love living here... what a great thread!

4. Re: What Is It about Savannah that makes you feel at home?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2010, 05:16