We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter in Savannah, Georgia

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado
Level Contributor
235 posts
Save Topic
Easter in Savannah, Georgia

We are visiting Georgia and mainly Savannah around Easter Sunday so I wonder if there will be any problems like restaurant, store, museum closures. Are there any special events associated to Easter in Georgia or particularly Savannah. Mainly interested in things to photograph.

Charlie

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter in Savannah, Georgia

Some of the house museums might be closed, it would be easy to check their websites for that data. All the restaurants will be open.

The big Easter tradition in Savannah is to dress your small children up on the most uncomfortable clothes possible, then take them to Forsyth Park and take pictures of them in front of the fountain. Then head off to Red Lobster.

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter in Savannah, Georgia

Thanks Joan, I wasn't aware of the Red Lobster thing..........; )

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter in Savannah, Georgia

Because Easter is (calendar wise) early this year, the azaleas will probably still be in near-full bloom. Lots of good photo ops there. There are additionally other family-friendly restaurants where you can take the children - in their maddening dress-up clothing - in order to have said clothing rendered (to the kids' relief, I suppose) stained past ever wearing again. Pirate's House comes to mind.....lots of gooey desserts.

4. Re: Easter in Savannah, Georgia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2010, 05:16