We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Pub in Town

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
168 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Best Pub in Town

Coming to Savannah for an overnight business trip in early April - staying at The Hilton Savannah DeSoto. My traveling companion wants to go to a relaxed, friendly pub for a few drinks after our class. I mentioned where we're staying so we could get some info on places we can walk to so as to not worry about driving the company car after a pint or two. Thanx, Lucy.

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Pub in Town

Almost right across the street from the Hilton is a place called six pence pub. It is supposed to resemble an English pub and have that type food. I have never eaten there but the bar is nice. If you have ever seen the movie "Something to talk about" with Julia Roberts, it is the bar where she is in her nightgown and catches her husband out with another woman.

The Hilton has a pretty nice bar on the first floor with a little patio just above street level. it will be noisy on the deck but that is usually a very nice time of year to sit outside.

A block away is mellow mushroom which is a pizza place but has a good beer selection and a separate bar area.

Bettembourg...
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Pub in Town

Agree with Six Pence. Here is a link to a list with reviews of other options:

http://local.yahoo.com/GA/Savannah/Entertainment+Arts/Bars,+Pubs,+Clubs/Bars+Pubs

Edited: 23 February 2010, 14:09
Kennesaw, GA
Level Contributor
312 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Pub in Town

There are a number of good pubs around since your in the heart of the historic district. I go to several on a regular basis but my overall favorite is the Six Pence. The food is good, a decent selection of beer, a mix of locals and tourists, good service.

If your into beer the best place to go is The Distillery, easily the best selection of beer in Savannah. From the DeSoto go north on Bull, take a left on Oglethorpe and go four or five blocks, it will be on your right just before you get to MLK Bvld.

4. Re: Best Pub in Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2010, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Savannah