We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Savannah.help!

Orange County
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
First time in Savannah.help!

We are taking our daughter.husband and three grandsons (6, 4, 3) to Savannah....where to stay? We have never been there and want somewhere nice and what things to see. But most importantly...what's your favorite restaurants that we have to go to. We are going in October for the weekend.

Indiana
Level Contributor
936 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Savannah.help!

I would look into some of the condo rentals on VRBO and Homeaway. My wife just rented a nice condo a stones throw from the square were Forrest Gumps bench is in the Historic District. There are some great deals to be found . I love Mrs. Wilkes and Geneva Genevas for great southern cooking.

Kennesaw, GA
Level Contributor
312 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Savannah.help!

You might also try a meal at the Pirates House. Both the adults and the kids should enjoy it.

Bettembourg...
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in Savannah.help!

We enjoyed The Soho South Cafe. Very, very good southern food!!! It is only open from 11am to 4pm. http://www.sohosouthcafe.com/ We also enjoyed the delicious smoothies at Smooth: 143 Bull Street... which offers free internet with purchase! There is also Clary's Cafe which has been serving southern breakfasts since 1903: www.savannahga.net/dining/claryscafe.html

4. Re: First time in Savannah.help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2010, 05:17