We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cleveland
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation

We arent renting a car-

Is it easy to take the bus from the airport to Savannah? We are staying in the at Ellis Inn.

Is a taxi the only way to get to Bonaventrue Cemetary? Will they come pick us up there? Any other trnsportation options?

Has anyone taken they Tybee beach bus?

Thanks for any information!

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation

I do not think the bus goes to the airport. If you go online and do a search for Chatham Area Transit (CAT) you will find their website and it should answer your questions.

John

route 66
Level Contributor
728 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation

There is no public transportation to or from Savannah's airport, only taxis and a few hotel shuttles.

You will need a taxi or rental car to drive to Bonaventure Cemetery. It's open 8am till 5pm. I'm sure that taxis are used to taking tourists to and from Bonaventure. Just make arrangements ahead of time. There is no Tybee bus or shuttle to my knowledge. Ask your hotel concierge.

cleveland
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation

thanks for responding, but I have read about buses and shuttles, i guess i will just correspond directly with the tour guides.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation

Sixth Sense has a tour of Bonaventure that leaves from the historic district. You can do a search of Sixth Sense Tours and probably find their website. I've never been on any of their tours or know anyone who has so I cannot vouch for any of their tours. As far as a shuttle to Tybee, I'm not famililar with one.

route 66
Level Contributor
728 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation

Some hotels have their own shuttle buses & vehicles to pick up arriving/departing airport guests but only if you've prebooked at their properties. They're not involved in the tour business.

Sixth Sense Tours does not have its own tour vehicles. Tourists must get to Bonaventure Cemetery on their own. Good luck working with this outfit.

6. Re: Transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2010, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Savannah