We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainy season?

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Rainy season?

Hi, all. Taking note of the forecast for daily thunderstorms for Savannah over the next 10 days, I have to ask if this is evidence of a tropical rainy season, something similar to South Florida, for instance? A small, but consistent, possibility of rain every day for months? Thanks.

Kennesaw, GA
Level Contributor
312 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rainy season?

It's not a rainy season at all. While there is a small posibility of rain most days that's just what it is, a small possibility. We are just now recovering from a five or six year historic drought. On average you might get one, usually brief, rain in a week.

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rainy season?

We do get 2/3 of our annual rainfall in June, July, Aug. in the form of thunderstorms. It is not a "monsoon" season though, by any means.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rainy season?

Thank you both. I think I read somewhere that your average annual precipitation is 50", so 1/3 of that spread over 9 months must mean you have many very pleasant *cooler* months!

4. Re: Rainy season?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2010, 06:16