We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italian restaraunt and private gardens

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Italian restaraunt and private gardens

Hey out there, can anyone suggest a good italian restaraunt? Also, is there any chance of viewing some private gardens? My husband and I will be staying in historic Savannah this coming weekend. Thank you.

route 66
Level Contributor
728 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Italian restaraunt and private gardens

Savannah's private gardens, many of them in the downtown historic district are not open for tours. Only in the month of April do private citizens open their gardens to the paying public, and those are for special events such as the Savannah Tour of Homes and Gardens and the North of Gaston Street garden tour.

That said, you mayl glimpse gardens as you stroll through the downtown neighborhoods. Just do not go into a garden unless the gate is open and you're invited in. You should be able to look through the ironwork fences and see plenty. Savannah's historic house museuns feature formal & well tended gardens. Then there are the squares.

Italian restaurant: Avoid IL Pasticcio: it's standards are not as good as they used to be and it's as loud as a bus station. Ditto Garibaldi's.

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Italian restaraunt and private gardens

We went to Il Pasticcio a year ago and were very pleased with the food and the service. Check for recent reviews maybe it has gone down since then. I agree it is noisy inside.

Garibaldi's is hit and miss, catch them on a good night and it is a great place, miss and it seems overpriced and overcrowded.

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Italian restaraunt and private gardens

For the italian resturant give Bella's on Habersham Street a try. It is more in the mid town area but is very good. It is a smaller place in an old strip shopping center.

John

Florida
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Italian restaraunt and private gardens

Hey out there...Thank you for sharing your insight. I'll be sure to keep my camera lens on zoom for the charming gardens. As for the Italian restaraunt "a reviewing" I will go!

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Italian restaraunt and private gardens

Leoci's at 606 Abercorn....best Italian. New. Chef/owner is really Italian. Little patio dining area in back that is great. The real thing.

6. Re: Italian restaraunt and private gardens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2010, 05:17