We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking Food Tours

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,741 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Walking Food Tours

Will be visiting the end of June. Wife and I like food tours, and definitely want to get a taste of the city and local fare. Not interested in Paula Deen, but she seems to be on most of the tours we can find. Any suggestions on walking food tours that will focus on what the locals enjoy? Thanks for the help.

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking Food Tours

I think, by definition, a tour will hit the places that tourists frequent.

I don't think most food tours pay for the food, the restaurants just consider it advertising, therefore, only those that can reasonably hope for the tourists to return, are willing to go to the trouble.

Why not create your own walking restaurant tour? I will get you started:

Angel's bbq

Harris baking Co.

T-rex mex

Vinnie van go gos

All local, all good.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,741 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking Food Tours

I appreciate the response and the recommendations. Any seafood suggestions? Looking for more raw bar, casual type places for seafood that may be off the beaten path. Thanks again!

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking Food Tours

I am not a big seafood guy but this will bump you up to the top and maybe someone will help you out. The only place I can think of downtown is W G Shuckers on River Street.

4. Re: Walking Food Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2010, 07:45