We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants/grocery stores in the area

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hernando...
Level Contributor
64 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants/grocery stores in the area

My family and I just switched our beach vacation from Gulf Shores to Harbor Island as a result of the oil spill in the Gulf. Looks like a fantastic place, but we don't know much about the area. We know that there's only one restaurant on the island, and we had already planned to cook in most nights we are there. Does the island have a grocery store or do we need to stop somewhere else to get groceries before we get there? What about other restaurants in Beaufort of Savannah that are musts? We do plan on getting out a couple of nights to go out to eat? What do you all suggest for us? Thanks! :)

Savannah, Ga
Level Contributor
719 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants/grocery stores in the area

I'm sorry, but I don't think there is a Harbor Island in the Savannah area. Give us a clue as to where it is near, and we might be able to help.

It's bad about the Gulf, isn't it!! I just hope that Mother Nature can heal herself faster than the experts seem to expect.

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants/grocery stores in the area

The Harbor Island that I know of is out from Beaufort, South Carolina near Fripp Island. It is a good 45 minutes to and hour from Savannah. There are plenty of Resturants in Beaufort. I would go to the South Carolina page and post under the Beaufort section. You may also want to check out the Hilton Head Island area too.

Good luck and have fun

3. Re: Restaurants/grocery stores in the area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2010, 07:32