We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any current construction activity near Inn @ Ellis Square?

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Any current construction activity near Inn @ Ellis Square?

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on Inn @ Ellis Square, as it appears to be a great location. But before I do, I want to make sure that there isn't any on-going new construction activity occurring in that immediate area. Please advise. Also, where is the best spot to watch the fireworks on First Fridays with my wife and two girls? Thanks in advance for your responses.

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any current construction activity near Inn @ Ellis Square?

The construction near there is complete. It is in a great, central spot, not a fancy place but nice often full of Girl Scouts so be prepared for that but at least they aren't wandering the halls late at night.

Go to River Street to Watch the fireworks. They are shot from a barge at the east end of the Westin, across the river (to the right of the hotel as seen from River Street). Anywhere near across from that is excellent viewing.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any current construction activity near Inn @ Ellis Square?

Thanks BrianO. I was hoping the construction was complete. We're looking forward to spending a couple of days in Savannah before heading to Hilton Head. I think we can pretty much walk to most of the spots that we're interested in from Ellis Square. The new Ellis Square looks to have a fountain for kids to run through.

Kennesaw, GA
Level Contributor
312 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any current construction activity near Inn @ Ellis Square?

The fountain in Ellis Square is kind of a smaller version of the one in Centennial Park in downtown Atlanta. But it has the advantage of being located in a far, far better place.

4. Re: Any current construction activity near Inn @ Ellis Square?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2010, 06:18