We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Advice, Ghost Tours and Fishing Expeditions....

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gray, GA
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Topic
Need Advice, Ghost Tours and Fishing Expeditions....

My husband and I are bringing his 14 yr old son to Savannah this weekend (Thurs thru Sat) and would like to do a ghost tour (not cheesy-he's very intelligent!) and a fishing charter. What suggestions does anyone have? I have read about several different companies, etc., but some of the posts are a little dated, so I am hoping someone can give me a little more current info. We talked him out of going to the mountains and going to Savannah, and I would really like to find some fun stuff to do! We will be staying downtown (in historic district, but going to

Tybee not an issue, actually would like to go to the beach). So far, he is on board for the ghost tour and fishing charter! I really appreciate any help y'all can give me! Thank you so much for your help!

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Advice, Ghost Tours and Fishing Expeditions....

My suggestion is do the 7:00 or 9:00 Blue Orb Ghost Tour. Several people have told me it is great and I plan to do it when I return in the fall. If you look in the top 25 under Things to Do, you usually get more recent reviews of tours and things to do. There's a couple of other ghost tours there but I think one is a pub tour which your son is underage so he wouldn't be allowed to do one of those. I can't help with the fishing charter but I'm sure someone can. If you prefer doing a trolley ghost tour, I like Olde Savannah's where they go into the rum cellar at the Old Pirates House but in my opinion the walking tours are the best.

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Advice, Ghost Tours and Fishing Expeditions....

Does he want to go inshore or off shore for fishing? For offshore check with Capt. Judy's charters or Amick's deep sea ishing. Do a web search they both have sites. For inshore check with Capt. Jack (1-912-441-9930) or Capt Stan (1-912-308-7878) . All of these are good Captians. It may be a little late for picking up a charter on this short of notice.

John

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
53 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Advice, Ghost Tours and Fishing Expeditions....

I've always gone out fishing with Captain Steve Amick. You'll be happy, they offer both inshore and offshore (definitely recommended-- I catch tons of black seabass and vermilion snapper every time I go).

4. Re: Need Advice, Ghost Tours and Fishing Expeditions....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2011, 08:50