We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report 11/26-11/28

Florida
Level Contributor
924 posts
222 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report 11/26-11/28

My daughter and I just reterned from a weekend trip to Savannah. I go 1-2x's a year but this was my daughter's first trip. We rented a small house off of E. Perry off of vrbo.com which I highly recomend. It had everthing we needed and I was able to bring my 2 small dogs. Savannah is a very dog friendly city!

Friday night we ate at Vic's on the River and was wonderful as always. I had a Fried Green Tomatoe BLT which is on the lunch menu but they made it for me at dinner and my daughter had the Fried Shrimp. Then walked down the Riverwalk explored the shops and then headed over to City Market where we decided to do a carriage ride. The tour was nice and informative and a good way to see the city out of the rain!

Sat am we went on a walk with Bobby Davis of Explore Savannah and spent 4 hrs touring the historical district like I have never experienced on my many trips to Savannah. I can't say enough! I love this guy! ( I wrote a separate review on that page) After our walk I went back to the house and got the pups then we ate at Soho. We say outside with the pups and had the tomatoe bisque soup and grilled cheese combo. We then walked around and enjoyed the Holiday festivities with the dogs and then went back to the house to take a nap and watch the FSU VS FL game...GO NOLES!! Didn't get to finish the game because we had a 6pm reservation for dinner at the Boar's Head and new parking would be difficult due to the boat parade. We had a wonderful dinner by the window while watching the boat parade. I had the Filet and bque shrimp combo and my daughter had the chicken alfredo. IMO the Boars Head is one of the best places to eat in Savannah and doesn't get the reconition that it deserves...awesome steak, everytime! After dinner we headed up to Six Pence Pub for the Creepy Pub Crawl which is always a fun time. The highlight of this tour is always the Moon River Brewing Company. Was funny though, during the tour nothing exciting happened while upstairs but once everyone left we met some people and headed up to the 3rd floor (not really allowed to do this) But that's where we captured some very creepy pics!! Then back to the house for some shut eye.

Sunday we got up and packed the car then took the pups and walked up to J. Christophers and had a wonderful brunch while sitting outside before we got in the car for our drive back to FLA.

Another wonderful weekend and I was sooo very happy to share it with my daughter. Savannah NEVER disapoints me...I love this city and the warm southern hospitality that I always recieve here.

Sumter, South...
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report 11/26-11/28

We visited Savannah for the first time with our small dog last January! What a wonderful experience. J Christopher's was awesome for breakfast outside in the morning sun and we also had lunch outside at SoHo. I am thinking of going back one weekend in December before Christmas. Is the historic district decorated for Christmas yet? My dog will have to stay with me all day since he is now diabetic (don't like to leave him in strange places)--do you have any recommendations for actitivites we can do with him? Maybe a carriage ride if he isn't afraid of the horses! Thanks for any help you can provide.

Florida
Level Contributor
924 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report 11/26-11/28

It is decorated for Christams but people were working on the homes so I'm sure when you go it will be all decorated. As for the dog, maybe you can get a doggy sroller so he/she can be with you most of the day BUT you won't be able to take her/him inside restruants. So most of your activies will have to be outside and you never know about the weather this time of year. It was cold this past weekend. Highs in 60's and lows in upper 30's.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report 11/26-11/28

Thanks for your post! I am glad y'all had a great time, and we would love to see you back again one day!

4. Re: Trip Report 11/26-11/28

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Savannah