We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

This Saturday!

Brunson
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Topic
This Saturday!

I posted a question as a reply to another posting and haven't gotten a response so let me try it the proper way. My grandmother, her 3 daughters, myself and my 4 month old son are going to Savannah saturday for the 1st Saturday on the River. I have never been and it's been years for the others. I know there will be a lighted parade @ 5:30, but is there a place I can find a detailed schedule for the days activities?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
125 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: This Saturday!

The boat parade? That was this past weekend (after Thanksgiving).

Brunson
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: This Saturday!

Oh maybe I am confused. I thought they had a big deal on the riverfront/street the first Saturday in December for the 'kickoff' of Christmas. I thought they used to have a morning parade and then changed it to the night so it could be lighted.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: This Saturday!

I'm not sure what you're looking for but these websites may help you.

http://newyorkisboring.com/

www.RiverStreetSavannah.com

http://go.savannahnow.com/savannah-ga/events/savannah+christmas+parade

Brunson
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: This Saturday!

Thank you, riverstreetsavannah.com had just what I was looking for. It's called Christmas on the River. I'll be there, don't know that I'll see the parade, that makes for a long day with a 4 month old, but we may cause we are not even an 1 1/2 hr away.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
125 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: This Saturday!

Sorry for the confusion. I just knew about the boat parade. Guess I should pay attention a bit more.

Brunson
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: This Saturday!

Not a problem, I appreciate your help. I knew nothing about it that's why I was asking.

Brunson
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: This Saturday!

Made the day for the Christmas on the River. Weather was nice and enjoyed all of the shops. Made a mad dash for River Street Sweets and a box of Pralines!!!!! Actually thought there would have been a lot more craft booths with decorations and such, but maybe the economy situation, or either I just had high expectations. Still enjoyed my trip and the little one tolerated it very well.

8. Re: This Saturday!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2011, 05:24