We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Savannah in March the week of St Patrick's Day

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Savannah in March the week of St Patrick's Day

We will be staying at the Hyatt for an IBEW union conference the week of March 14-18. Just wondering what to expect, does it get crazy for St Patrick's day? Will the weather be nice?

Savannah, Ga
Level Contributor
719 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Savannah in March the week of St Patrick's Day

Yes, it will be crazy.

As far as the weather, that's anyone's guess. Maybe rain, maybe sun. Maybe warm, maybe cold.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Savannah in March the week of St Patrick's Day

I would say St. Patrick's Day in Savannah is their mardi gras. Not quite as wild but close.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Savannah in March the week of St Patrick's Day

It will be your favorite conference to date. Just don't expect to get much done St Patricks day and go downtown Wed night, the bag pipers are out and about.

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
2,974 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Savannah in March the week of St Patrick's Day

I grew up in Savannah. Back in the 60s St Patrick's Day was a school holiday and the stripe down the street for the parade route was painted green. The front page of the newspaper was green that day, the restaurants served green beer and my mom served green grits for breakfast. One year they tried to dye the river green. The water in the fountains was green. I've heard it's even wilder now!

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
87 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Savannah in March the week of St Patrick's Day

The Hyatt will be St. Patricks central. The base will have a huge party and it will be crowded on river street. The parade will go past about 11AM. I have gone the last two years and the weather has been cool and almost rainy. Market will be packed with people and bands and everyone will be wearing green. I would call in sick on Thursday to the conference!! It is a party not to be missed!! I still have some rooms for that Thursday night if anyone is interested.

6. Re: Savannah in March the week of St Patrick's Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2012, 05:29