We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Historic District Hotel w/ parking under $125 possible?

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Historic District Hotel w/ parking under $125 possible?

Coming to Savannah week of March 20, I'll be busy during the day and am looking for a place to stay where the wife will be able to get out and wander around ( so she won't go nuts sitting in the hotel all day while I'm working). I was looking for something in or close to the historic district so she can get out and explore. First time in Savannah. Any idea how long it might take to drive to the airport from downtown @ 7 am would be appreciated also, thanks.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Historic District Hotel w/ parking under $125 possible?

About 20 minutes from AP to HD. Check out Hampton Inn. Good luck.

http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=4S4ODFBBWCZYKCSGBIU2VCQ?ctyhocn=SAVHSHX

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Historic District Hotel w/ parking under $125 possible?

Get on priceline or something, I bet you can find what you are looking for. St Pats will be over and it is a little early for the spring tourists.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Historic District Hotel w/ parking under $125 possible?

Hotwire has a 3 star for $96 that week. You can look at www.betterbidding.com and you can probably figure this hotel out. Also, you can look at Priceline and see if anyone has won The Hyatt for under $82 a night before taxes. This would put you under $125 a night. Also check on www.savannahgetaways.com. You may could find someone that might cut you a deal if you're there for several nights where parking would be free.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,816 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Historic District Hotel w/ parking under $125 possible?

May be able to get something close to your budget at East Bay Inn. Great location and wine/appetizer hour(s) is a great touch. Very social in the lobby so wife can talk w/ staff and other guests about the city.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Historic District Hotel w/ parking under $125 possible?

Thanks for the info. A friend suggested the Comfort Suites they do not charge for parking and the rates are good since I'll be on official business. It has some good reviews here on TA so I'm sure the wife will enjoy it.

Thanks again, I'll be back with a review after our stay.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Historic District Hotel w/ parking under $125 possible?

I believe Comfort Suites will be in your budget. Good luck.

Comfort Suites @ 630 W. Bay Street, Savannah, GA 912 - 629 - 2001.

comfortsuites.com/hotel-savannah-georgia-GA3…

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Historic District Hotel w/ parking under $125 possible?

You can easily get under 125 through one of the bidding sites like priceline, but never bid on anything below 4 star, as 3 star generally opens you up to hotels that are really 1-2 star in my opinion

8. Re: Historic District Hotel w/ parking under $125 possible?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 17:16