We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights are booked - 7 nights, how to spend it?

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
PA
Level Contributor
232 posts
Save Topic
Flights are booked - 7 nights, how to spend it?

We are flying into Jacksonville late May and have 7 nights before our return flight home from Charleston. I cannot decide how to divide up the nights. Right now I have 2 nights booked in Amelia, 2 in Savannah and 3 in Charleston. We also want to stop in Jekyll Island for a few hours. Is this too ambitious? We have a 10 year old with us that would love to see the forts, plantations and of course beaches! I would not mind skipping Amelia but if I do would that be too much time in Savannah and Charleston? Thanks!

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights are booked - 7 nights, how to spend it?

7 nights in Charleston and Savannah is perfect. I would skip Amelia Island though it's a great place to visit. A week at Amelia Island would be great. I wish you were flying into Charleston. Anyway drive from Savannah to Charleston on # 17 and visit Beaufort, SC for the day. Skip Jekyll Island and concentrate on Charleston and Savannah for 7 days. Go to Crystal Beer Parlor in Savannah and Savannah City Market for fund shopping and dining. Go to Amen Street Seafood in Charleston for great seafood for lunch. Enjoy your trip. Good luck.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
27,488 posts
382 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights are booked - 7 nights, how to spend it?

Personally I like the way you have divided your time. In Amelia enjoy the beach- which is to me the best one- then go to Fort Clinch SP and enjoy historic downtown area.

In Savannah you have the riverfront, historic area and Tybee Island.

In Charleston you have the historic district, market square, plantations, Ft. Sumter, etc.

With a 10 year old dividing time and allowing for some activities such as beach time as well as some history will make for a nicer trip.

3. Re: Flights are booked - 7 nights, how to spend it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 06:15