We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog friendly hotels in Savannah

Philadelphia, PA
7 posts
Save Topic
Dog friendly hotels in Savannah

Hi all:

I searched and the most recent thread on this topic is from November of 2009. My husband and I are traveling from the Northeast to Savannah for a trip and bringing our dog along. We are looking for a place to stay with her that is still well within the limits of the city, from which all of the city sights are easily walkable. I would appreciate any and all recommendations anyone has to offer. Thanks so much in advance!

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
5,995 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dog friendly hotels in Savannah

I always use this link when I bring my Loved Ones on the road. I pulled up the Savannah site for you:

dogfriendly.com/server/travel/uscities/guide…

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
125 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dog friendly hotels in Savannah

Hotel or B&B? Some of the hotels around here have HIGH pet fees. Some of the B&Bs are more reasonable (and don't have weight limits).

Philadelphia, PA
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dog friendly hotels in Savannah

I am starting to gather that! I saw that some range as high as $75 for a pet fee! I have never ever seen that before. I would definitely be willing to consider a B&B. Location is my primary concern. I'm hoping we won't be in the room that much at all :)

Thank you for your responses so far!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
125 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dog friendly hotels in Savannah

In that case, I'd rec. that you check out the Catherine Ward House Inn. I believe I saw that their pet fee is $25. They're located 1/2 a block from Forsyth Park - the city's biggest green space and prime doggie "playground." The whole city is only about 1 square mile - so as long as you find something within the Historic District, you'll be within walking distance of pretty much anything.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dog friendly hotels in Savannah

Comfort Suites is pet friendly.

Comfort Suites @ 630 W. Bay Street, Savannah, GA 912 - 629 - 2001.

comfortsuites.com/hotel-savannah-georgia-GA3…

Port Saint Lucie...
Level Contributor
64 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dog friendly hotels in Savannah

www.savannahgetaways.net

There are properties less than a hotel that allow dogs. I was there with my shiba and beagle a few weeks ago. Going back next week to a different property.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dog friendly hotels in Savannah

Best Western Promenade is pet friendly. The place is more like a motor inn but was completely gutted 2 years ago. The rooms were nice when I stayed there but if there's a B&B that is relatively inexpensive, then I'd probably stay there to get a better feel of Savannah.

Florida
Level Contributor
907 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dog friendly hotels in Savannah

I've taken my pets many times to Savannah and have stayed at Floey House which is an excellent location and have rented several place that were pet friendly by VRBO.com. It depends on how long you are staying.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dog friendly hotels in Savannah

Here's a link to pet friendly hotels in Savannah. East Bay Inn is PF. It's a nice place to stay.

hotels.petswelcome.com/georgia/savannah/

East Bay Inn @ 225 East Bay Street, Savannah, GA 912 - 238 - 1225.

http://www.eastbayinn.com/rooms.shtml

tbirdmanager
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dog friendly hotels in Savannah

Please check us out! We love our pet guests! www.savannahpetfriendly.com! Great rooms, great location and great rates!