We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rehearsal Dinner in Savannah

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Rehearsal Dinner in Savannah

Family of the groom interested in finding a good place to host a rehearsal dinner in July in Savannah.

Interested in what people would recommend for an event like this.

Thanks!

Kim

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
253 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rehearsal Dinner in Savannah

Give us an idea on what you are looking for:

Type of food?

Atmosphere - casual or elegant?

Where are you staying? Historic district midtown or Tybee?

I have some restaurant reviews at

http://exploresavannah.com/restaurants.html

Savannah
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Rehearsal Dinner in Savannah

Do you mean you want to rent a room & serve catered food, or you want a restarant?

How many people do you expect?

Penny

www.ImagesofGeorgia.net

Savannah
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Rehearsal Dinner in Savannah

Make that a "restaurant":-)

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rehearsal Dinner in Savannah

Johnny Harris's! Thousands of brides and grooms have chosen them and been happy!

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
253 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rehearsal Dinner in Savannah

I agree on Johnnie Harris. Great name in Savannah. Good food. They have a banquet room next door with plenty of parking and it is easy to find from anywhere in the city.

Check www.savannahnow.com as there was a big article in the paper about them this past week. You may be able to pull it up on line.

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rehearsal Dinner in Savannah

We are looking for a sit down dinner for roughly 25 people--with a choice of 2 entrees. Elegant atmosphere but not a bank breaker. We will probably be staying as close to Wilmington Island as possible as that is where the wedding will take place.

Even looking for ideas for unique venues where we could use a caterer.

The wedding is in the middle of summer so someplace shady or with A/C is important.

Thanks!

Kim

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rehearsal Dinner in Savannah

Here is a place to start. Lots of huge places but quite a few that would work well for you.

savcvb.com/meeting/meeting_facilities.shtml

Hope you find something.

Savannah
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rehearsal Dinner in Savannah

I think The Mansion on Forsyth Park is stylish - they have private dining rooms both in the hotel and in the restaurant. You may be able to get a rockin deal too in the summer -

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rehearsal Dinner in Savannah

You might want to talk with the folks at the Wilmington Island Club, a gorgeous golfing property with an exquisite clubhouse. I believe they'll accommodate non-members for a catered dinner. Every event I've attended there was just elegant, with good service.

Phone: 912-897-1612. It's just a hop, skip and jump to Tybee, too, and George's would be truly wonderful. Really upscale, but gracious and utterly charming. Legendary food, too.

Savannah
Level Contributor
636 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rehearsal Dinner in Savannah

Another option: Alligator Soul, located downtown. Very nice, not too expensive. You can opt for a limited menu...

Get answers to your questions about Savannah